Ice Ultra Marathon (Read 27 times)

RoadRunnerMeep

Hi, I need your help to try and find a power bank for an upcoming Ultra Marathon event in the arctic next month (Ice Ultra – Beyond the Ultimate). Ideally it needs to have enough power for 5 days worth of charging for 3 devices (Phone, Watch and Headtorch) If there isnt a power bank that can hold enough charge, is there the option of another power bank to charge it back up ? The other issue is the temperature which will be as low as -40c and so they need to be able to withstand that or an insulation device to put them in.

Any info from someone has experienced this would be excellent!  Thank you in advance, look forward to hearing from you.

an amazing likeness

I have no experience or expertise, so for what it's worth...have you looked at the Jackery products.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

amlinz

Is the phone necessary? Doubt any coverage unless you have WIFI in which case you probably have power wherever the wifi is.

Is a GPS watch necessary? Maybe simplify with no GPS like old school timex.  You probably know your approx pace and/or checkpoints to do the math.

For the headlamp, might be too many batteries but the cheap lights that do AA batteries might be an option.  That might be too many batteries to pack in and out.  However, if you reduce your footprint on phone and GPS, this leaves you with potentially a lighter, less powerful battery charger to keep the lights going.

I am not an experience ultra guy yet so merely sharing some practical thoughts.  Cool but cold adventure!