5 hours of energy... (Read 961 times)

Has anyone tried this? http://www.5hourenergy.com/ A co-worker recommended it to me but he hasn't tried it himself yet. I think I'd be afraid to get hooked on it since I rarely feel like I have energy. Maybe just B vitamins would be good. Confused

Why is it sideways?

Thanks Trent! I will stay away Tight lipped

Why is it sideways?

Thanks Trent! I will stay away Tight lipped
          Guess it's just me.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, long long RA posts such as that links to take a long long time to load. Eric, why is this?
              The link worked for me.. great article too. I always believe whole foods is the way to go, but sometimes society can be so persuasive Smile

Why is it sideways?

Trent is a studmuffin.
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Only if the muffin is made from natural grains and fressh-from-the-farm butter.
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Unrelated...Shub, NICE illustrations. Do you write books? Ever thought of collaborating with somebody to write a story, say, about Flying Monkeys? You know, for publication?
                      Thank you. No I don't write. I would love to but there are much more talented writers out there. I get lots of requests to illustrate a book that amateurs have written and want to get published, but it doesn't pay. It takes a lot of time to draw them and the chances that my illustrations get paired with their story (if they are even considered to be published) are slim to nothing. Flying Monkeys would be a fun project though Big grin
                        thanks for that link, trent. i'd read it when it ran in the nyt earlier this year (i think? winter, anyway) and have thought about it so many times ever since. i have a *lot* of friends who become obsessed with which protein powder is better than the others, which energy drink is better than the others, whether upping the b-12 in their diets will improve this or that facet of their lives, etc etc and i'm always kinda like... shrug. eat real/good food and you'll probably be fine. i kinda think that unless your livelihood comes from your body performing certain extreme feats or having an extreme appearance... you'll live well and feel well with a regular, healthy diet of whole foods. when i got into lifting, i had a great trainer for a while, and one of the reasons i've always been so impressed by him is that he advocates whole-food living even though he is surrounded by people who suck down protein shakes as if their very lives depended on it (carefully measured out and timed-- half of them have such crappy teeth b/c the last thing in their mouths before bed isn't toothpaste or mouthwash, but some weird protein shake so that their muscles can rebuild & recover overnight). he writes for muscle & fitness and other weight-lifting publications and occasionally gets interviewed, but they inevitably get to the "which supplements/shakes do you like" question and are bummed when he says, "i don't really use them, so i can't really say i like *any* of them. i do really like milk, though! 2% is so great!" i don't lift much anymore, and i don't take sessions w/ that trainer anymore ($$$), but his advice still guides me through healthy living, workout recovery, and also just in terms of establishing realistic goals and a fair attitude toward my body. so. i had jonathan. RA has trent.