Percutaneous Tenotomy - experiences, results? (Read 116 times)

Justin,

I too have/had been struggling with upper hamstring issues for a few years now. First the left leg, now the right leg. I tried prolotherapy injections (similar to PRP) and it helped a little, but it was expensive, not covered by insurance, and a very low route to go.  I recently stumbled upon an article by Ben Greenfield healing a hamstring issue with peptides.  I began this "process" about 7 weeks ago and my hamstring is about 90% healed and I'm able to run again w/out pain. I still have some pain with certain stretches, but these peptides are little miracles.

Tom

tChuck, the vitamin D is very interesting info. I have had a proximal hamstring partial tear ("partial thickness origin tearing) with pain down the leg for 3 years now. Weirdly the MRI said both sides with the left worse, but only the left hurts ever and I did have an injury on the left, but not the right. The orthopod wants to do surgery on that left side, but I am not willing to go through 4 months of rehab (with 6 weeks non-weight bearing!). I am thinking of trying PRP and investigating the different machines different practitioners use as I understand the higher the platelets might account for the varied responses. I also tested my Vitamin D, which is at 32 and so started taking 10,000 i.u. in the last two weeks.

I am wondering how long between when you did the PRP injections and when you began your Vitamin D3 therapy? I heard it takes about 3 months for the PRP to help. You say it took 6 months for the PRP to help, but were you also on D3 at the time? Or did you go on that afterwards so you know that it wasn't the PRP?  Never had an injury that did not heal and this is causing a lot of grief, especially when training uphill or having to negotiate trail running over uneven surfaces where I have to brace with that area more.

Thanks.