08/25/2023 -- Workouts Not Uploading from Garmin (Read 123 times)

Arunninfool

The last successful upload was from 8/24/23. Nothing has uploaded since. I checked my Garmin Connect settings just to make sure I was still sharing as I switched phone carriers and wanted to make sure that was not the issue.

HermosaBoy

I got one of 4 activities today.

ETA -- other three showed up.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Mine showed up from yesterday and today.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Runningahead app will not connect to Garmin. The app I have connected to Garmin is Strava. Microsoft Office 365 and Myfitnesspal are showing available.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

This file cannot be imported. Possible reasons are:

• Your data file is not in the correct format.
            • The file is in a new format.
            • There is a bug in the importer code.

If you are certain that the file has no errors, please contact me for assistance.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runmichigan

Runningahead app will not connect to Garmin. The app I have connected to Garmin is Strava. Microsoft Office 365 and Myfitnesspal are showing available.

Clay -- sounds like you need to disconnect in both Garmin Connect and RunningAhead:

In Garmin Connect (connect.garmin.com):  Click on your user account pic in the upper right, select Account Settings, then Account Information from the left menu.  If RunningAhead shows as a connected app, click on the Disconnect button for it.

I also recommend you also do a disconnect in RA log > Tools > Applications if it still appears there.

Once you have disconnected in both places then you need to setup the Garmin Connect integration via RunningAhead > Log > Tools > Applications.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Is there a way to tell if TCX files are being compressed to zip files?

The importer accepts files in their native or ZIP compressed formats. Please consider ZIP'ing your files to reduce upload time.

<label>Data source:</label> <select>  <option value="0" />Athleticore (csv)   <option value="1" />Beginner Triathlete (csv)   <option value="2" />Buckeye Outdoors (xml)   <option value="3" />Champro (cpw)   <option value="4" />Custom data (csv)   <option value="5" />Daily Mile (csv)   <option value="6" />Energympro  (cpo)   <option value="7" />Floatrackr (csv)   <option value="8" />Garmin FIT (fit)   <option selected="selected" value="9" />Garmin Training Center (tcx)   <option value="10" />GPX (gpx)   <option value="12" />LogYourRun (xls)   <option value="13" />Map My Run (csv)   <option value="14" />MOTOACTV (csv)   <option value="15" />Polar HRM (hrm)   <option value="16" />Polar Personal Trainer (xml)   <option value="17" />Polar ProTrainer (zip)   <option value="18" />Run Keeper (zip)   <option value="20" />Runner's World (zip)   <option value="21" />Running2Win.com (xls)   <option value="22" />SportTracks (fitlog)   <option value="23" />Training Peaks (csv)   <option value="24" />Training Peaks (pwx)  </select>

The Training Center file must be ZIP'ed (compressed) due to its large size. The importer will not accept a plain TCX file.

<label>Data file:</label> <input id="ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_SiteContent_PageContent_TrainingLogContent_m_file" multiple="multiple" name="ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$SiteContent$PageContent$TrainingLogContent$m_file" type="file" />

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

an amazing likeness

Clay -  the key is this notation on the import file screen:

The Training Center file must be ZIP'ed (compressed) due to its large size. The importer will not accept a plain TCX file.

You need to convert the TCX file to a ZIP before uploading it to the Importer in RunningAhead.

If you're not familiar with the steps to create the ZIP of your TCX, give a Google search for "how to create a zip file windows" or "how to create a zip file on mac".

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I needed to use" Garmin Fit " to upload instead of Garmin Training Center (tcx). YEAH!!!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter