*&$#@%* coyotes!! (Read 1402 times)

What the hell is it w/ those damn coyotes & my yard?? Angry Why can't they find a new place to yip, yap, play & terrorize the bunny population? Every time they yip & yap, my dogs growl & bark. My eyes close, they yip, the dogs bark, my eyes open. Is there a season for coyote hunting or can I just shoot every one of the damn, mangy scavengers?!?!?!?! Sorry to any coyote lovers...you love 'em so much, come take the things out of my yard!!!
    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Any way to repel them? I would think there's got to be something on the market that would keep them away, though it would likely make your own dogs not too fond of your yard, too, unfortunately. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Find a roadrunner. Meep-meep.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*snort* Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

From the Texas Parks & Wildlife website relative to Coyotes... "No closed season. These animals may be hunted at any time by any lawful means or methods on private property. Public hunting lands may have restrictions. A hunting license is required." Annie, get your guns! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Find a roadrunner. Meep-meep.
              I just want you to know that I learned while reading this that it IS possible to snort Honey Bunches of Oats w/ Peaches up your nose!! Big grin
                From the Texas Parks & Wildlife website relative to Coyotes... "No closed season. These animals may be hunted at any time by any lawful means or methods on private property. Public hunting lands may have restrictions. A hunting license is required." Annie, get your guns! Lynn B
                Hmmm...might have to check out the rules in Michigan!! I do like to hunt & I'm one damn good shot. But what does one do w/ a pile of dead coyotes?? Perhaps this could be the newest generation of running clothing? For hot weather & cold weather. Coyotes are quite adaptable, "to live in the snow at 40 below or in Malibu by the sea" (Ian Tyson, The Coyote Song...for the almost none who will know).

You'll ruin your knees!

"But what does one do w/ a pile of dead coyotes?? " ...just let 'em lay, coyotes will take care of 'em... Tongue Cool

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Dead Dead Dead Tight lipped Tight lipped Tight lipped

Roads were made for journeys...

JakeKnight

Keep an eye out for suspicious packages marked Acme, Inc.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                      -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

JK, you are a pervert.

I hate coyotes. Even ones with cute kitty friends.

Run to Win
                          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

What the hell is it w/ those damn coyotes & my yard?? Angry
                            What came first? The yard or the coyotes? Big grin You made it to tempting! Big grin

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Queen of 3rd Place

I used to do research for a federal agency that, among other things, dealt with "coyote-human conflicts" (doncha *love* fed-speak), and I'll give ya a little hint about coyote biology (bear with me): if you're going to pursue lethal control, you are fighting a losing battle. Why? Only the alpha pair reproduces, and their presence inhibits fertility in other pairs. If you kill the alpha pair, ok, not bad! You get one year free from one new litter. (btw, alpha coyotes are notoriously hard to hunt - guess they're the top dogs for a reason). If you kill subordinates, well, you've only removed those individuals. And there are lots of coyotes out there. So, the current state-of-the-art trick is to render infertile (not neuter) the alpha pair. The alphas (obviously) stop reproducing, but their presence continues to hinder the fertility of subordinates. This has been shown to work pretty well in controlling the population, and then you can pick off subordinates. Problem solved...or at least reduced. Of course, the taxpayers still prefer plain ol' lethal control. So that's what they get...people with PhDs flying around in helicopters plinking at coyotes. So much for research. Thought you'd love to know what your tax dollar has been up to. Tongue Arla

Ex runner

obsessor

Michigan? July 15 through April 15. and "Coyote may be taken on private property by a property owner or designee all year if they are doing or about to do damage on private property. A license or written permit is not needed." http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_10880_10996---,00.html Check yer regs.