Milers and 1500ers congregate! How fast can I run the 1500? (Read 105 times)

minmalS

Stotan Disciple

Congratulations. You looked really good. If you had someone calling splits don't look at your watch each time you looked at your watch. I could see the pace slow or your gait got cautious. Next time listen to your coach and push yourself. I ran a much slower mile yesterday than I wanted to. I will have to find a track mile soon and try to sort that out.

Last night I got to watch Shane Healy attempt a masters 50-54 AG Mile world record. as you implied having people around for pacing is so important he ran slower as they put him in the fastest heat and there was no one around to pull him as a result he was left way behind. So you should try to get into a race sooner. if your champs are in November won't it be out of season or is this indoor nationals?

Again great job enjoyed watching that.

Thinking should be done first, before training begins.

mikeymike

That's great--congrats!

Impressive that you did that solo. I think if you could find a competitive race on the track with people around your speed and a bit faster, you'd really surprise yourself.

mta: also kudos to all those random people jogging on the track who stayed out of lane 1 for you. Good tack etiquette!

Runners run

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

Nimmals - I've just read your race report over at the sub3h forum. All I can say is wow!!!

I totally feel you on the "my legs are jelly I'm driving with my arms". That was a blistering fast mile, congratulations on the win and new shiny PR!

We should totally have a mile thread around here. Granted it would not move as fast since it's not fashionable like the marathon threads.

Initially I was looking at the watch to check pace but once I heard him shout out splits I don't think I looked again. On the home stretch all I wanted was longer strides but alas all I had was faster cadence. My average cadence was 199 and highest 215, probably on the home stretch.

When I look at my pain cave face all I can think of is Laura Muir for some reason LOL I guess I think we have similar pain cave faces.

Mikeymike - thanks man, yeah next time out I'll properly target a race.

PRs: 1500 4:54.1 2019 - 5K 17:53 2023 - 10K 37:55 2023 - HM 1:21:59 2021

Up next: some 800m race (or time trials) / Also place in the top 20% in a trail race

Tool to generate Strava weekly

congrats! nice video, and without competition!? you can definitely improve that with some others running racing you.

sub 5min 1500, awesome! I would love to be in that kind of shape atm.

300m- 37 sec.