How nerdy are you? (Read 846 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

No questions about Star Wars or X-files, and if you own any of them on DVD, iTunes...... What about RBG's (DD)? Built your own PC, because there wasnt one on the market the way you want it? You check the Forums page to talk to others? I think those questions should have been asked too.
    Another sign of nerdiness -- when you think that the questions on a nerdiness survey weren't comprehensive enough! Wink I'm not poking fun at you -- I thought the same thing. I mean, I own both the Darth Maul and Qui-Gon Jinn lightsabers. I practiced moves in the backyard while playing "Duel of the Fates" on a boom-box. I took those things to parties and had drunk lightsaber duels (good times). The only difference between me and the Star Wars Kid is that I wasn't dumb enough to videotape it. "No Star Wars!" was one of the first things I thought when I read this thing. And somewhere out there, a girl whose call-sign is a car jingle frantically types "Duchovney soft core" into her search engine...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And somewhere out there, a girl whose call-sign is a car jingle frantically types "Duchovney soft core" into her search engine...
      Nuh-uh...I already know that "Julia Has Two Lovers" and "New Years Day" were two of his early films. I'm just not sure where I would even find them for rental...not sure I want to buy anything that bad, either, regardless of how hot he may be. Made that mistake in purchasing "Young Adam" just to see Ewan McGregor's wang--the movie was pretty lame. BTW, I loves me some young Obi Wan Kenobi! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The only non X-Files thing he ever did that was all that entertaining was "Evolution." That is one hella funny film.
        Never saw it, but "Kalifornia" was quite good, and (risking losing my Man Club card here) I also enjoyed "Return to Me."

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jeff, you would LOVE Evolution, I think. Very quirky, funny, has that "Make 7-Up Yours" guy (Orlando Jones...loved him in Drumline, too), Julliane Moore...totally corny and fun. k

~ Sarah Kay

voiceofgrog, that 56% nerdy gal is wooooweeeeiii nice, yeah! Agreed she is hot! Cool I am 16% nerdy Wink. You've taken (and passed) calculus. You've been in a marching band. You've edited Wikipedia. You read science fiction. (I do use Linux, but at work. For retro gaming, I will once or twice a year break out the emulator!) Things I do not like: Comic Book Based Movies Most Sci-fi movies/Shows with far flung Alien crap (Star Wars and Star Trek) Firefly & Serenity (okay the movie was alright) Long fantasy movies (Lord of the Rings... Honestly... I enjoyed Gone with the Wind better than LOFR!... Sue Ellen was Big grin) X-Files unless Art Bell is covering it haha Heroes

Vim

<font> You Are 28% Nerdy </font>
              <center></center> <font> You're a little nerdy, but no one would ever call you a nerd.
              You sometimes get into nerdy things, but only after they've become a part of mainstream culture. </font>

How Nerdy Are You?

Orion Goals: 5k 18:30 10K 38:00 Marathon 3:10

evillee

36% nerdy. Thank God there were no D&D questions. My wife only registered 28%. this is whacked, she is much more nerdy than me. Angry
                  Thank God there were no D&D questions.
                  No kidding. I wouldn't want me or you to know my score if they had those.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My wife only registered 28%. this is whacked, she is much more nerdy than me. Angry
                    Hmmm...I am starting to think this quiz is reversed--low scores mean MORE nerdy! So far the scores here seem to be proving my theory... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

madness baby

I'm 20% too, Kirsten! Should I be excited about that I wonder?
                      deb
                      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Well actually, there's a huge sign of nerdiness that the quiz missed -- frequent use of the phrase "Well actually..." Here are two real-life examples of the worst case scenario -- saying it to a stranger. First example was me, second was a friend who's even nerdier than me (really). Example 1: on the Mall in D.C. for Clinton's 2nd Inaugural Address Jan 1997. Somewhere, a military band strikes up a march. Spectator: They're playing "Stars and Stripes Forever." jeffgoblue: Well actually, that's the "Washington Post" march, but it is by Sousa! Spectator is thinking: What a nerd. jeffgoblue is thinking: How could he think that? Everyone knows SASF has a duple meter. That march being played right now is clearly in 6/8 time. Example 2: at an airshow after a fighter jet did a particularly amazing maneuver Spectator: Wow! How did they do that? jeff's friend: Well actually, it's because the plane has a thrust-to-weight ratio greater than 1. Spectator is thinking: What a nerd. jeff's friend is thinking: I just expanded that person's horizons by passing on my knowledge! Example 1 highlights the nerd's inability to overlook even the most innocuous errors, while Example 2 highlights two things -- nerds jump at what looks like an opportunity to pass on knowledge about a pet subject, and nerds don't understand rhetorical questions and feel the need to leave no question unanswered when they think they know the answer. I think I've gotten a little better at this over the years. Having received the "elbow of love" enough times from my wife, I am better at holding my tongue in these situations, at least with strangers. Big grin

Scout7

Wow, Jeff...... Now I know how to explain my overwhelming desire to answer every question that comes out of my wife's mouth.
                            4% here. Is there a group for cool runners?
                              40% nerdy... that is strange!
                                Ha! Wouldn't that be a hoot! I think what I hate most about her is that she is simply reinforcing the notion that blondes are inherently stupid, vapid, narcissistic, etc. It also makes me pretty annoyed that she so blatantly seems to believe that because of her money and celebrity that she can openly shirk laws--laws that disregarding could potentially get innocent people killed.
                                Dead on the money!! No pun intended! I too am just 20%/ How can that be? I have huge Sci Fi collection as well as a rather nice Space Program collection AND I am for gawd sakes and accounting tech!!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire