Facebook Integration (Read 5812 times)

Has anyone heard anything further about a facebook integration?
    eric :)

Has anyone heard anything further about a facebook integration?
      Still working on it.
        By all means post any other suggestions you might have. For instance, do you want to see graphs? Summery info (week totals etc)? PRs? Do you want it to post to friends news feed? etc. Friend challenges?
        a nice display would be the following: with a starting point and a direction, using google maps, show how far someone has run within the current week/month/year or in total e.g., starting in X running east, runner R, who did 100 miles this year, reached point Y (just draw a line in google maps) would give a nice visualization and look impressive tell me if you need any help with that, I think I could program this stuff having the data
          a nice display would be the following: with a starting point and a direction, using google maps, show how far someone has run within the current week/month/year or in total e.g., starting in X running east, runner R, who did 100 miles this year, reached point Y (just draw a line in google maps) would give a nice visualization and look impressive tell me if you need any help with that, I think I could program this stuff having the data
          The only thing you would need an RA API for is to get the mileage; the harder part would be using the Google Maps API.
            That would be cool. Certainly more dramatic that a list of numbers. I'm not really sure how to do the maps part though, you'd have to programatically figure out a destination that was the right distance along roads and roughly the right direction, which strikes me as perhaps difficult. Easier would be to draw a line east around the great circle of the earth...
              I didn't think about streets. just geographical distance. even through oceans (if Google Maps had information about that it would be cool, but only nice to have...) the direction would be nice because a user living close to the west coast could show that he ran to the east coast, a user in Canada might show that he ran to Argentina etc. another possibility would be to give two points (e.g., hometown and the place where you live at the moment) and then to display how many times one ran that distance (from LA to NY and half way back etc.). you're right, all I need is the mileage. I'll try to do something.
              markc123

Is there a plan to add any form of API? I have tried the Javascript for data display on blogs and I can only get one to work at once - all other instances seem to fail. An API would mean I could code up some PHP anf do it myself Smile A decent face book plugin would also be excellent publicity for the site! Viral marketing time.
                eric :)

mark, I'm working on and off on a REST interface. I haven't worked on it recently because I just want to wrap up the new log. There is a smaple app out there for Face Book. We need to find tune it to reduce the load on my server before it can go live. eric :-)
                    One thing that would help is if you could put together an API for your site. The scripts are fine but they are hard to parse. For example instead of document.write('