Sara & Anna's Race Report (Read 1250 times)

Sara, may I republish your article at Run to Win? I think that my readers would really enjoy it.

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Imminent Catastrophe

Undoubtedly one of the best reports ever. Thanks!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Sara, may I republish your article at Run to Win? I think that my readers would really enjoy it.
        Absolutely! Feel free. And thanks!
          Thank you for sharing that special day with us! I have tears in my eyes just thinking of how excited Anna was and of how much she enjoyed every moment. She did such an awesome job. Smile

Michelle

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Hi Sara! Thanks for sharing Anna's race with us. She is so adorable in them bunny slippers!

Absolutely! Feel free. And thanks!
              I've put it together; it will hit the front page tomorrow morning around 6 o'clock. Thanks!

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

ScissorsRun

What an awesome report!
                Just another sad soul bitter about the gym class pecking order.
                Eryn

Cutest racer ever. High-five to Anna!

Some runners drag a tire. I drag a Great Pyrenees.

where do I get the bunny slippers - I need to go fast too great job Anna, coach Sara and Mom! A

Recalculating...

Amazing Sara Smile So touching
                      2009: BQ?

Me and my gang in Breck

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

Another Passion

Thank you, but it's not me that's amazing, it's Anna and my mom. I love Anna to death, but it's my mom that has been there for her and takes such amazing care of her. Those two are practically joined at the hip - they do everything together. I'll definitely let Anna know that she'll be thought of on your upcoming race...best of luck in Richmond.
                          That went without saying... that Anna and your mom were the incredible ones as well. But, I totally agree. I thought it was awesome that you changed your race plans to be a part of Anna's race, Sara. Very unselfish and a very cool thing to do. Wink

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

How did I miss this? Wow. Very moving. Who knows, maybe you've just help kick start the career of a future paraolympic gold medalist in the marathon? Regardless, the image of that adorable little girl sleeping with her medal is priceless. Thanks for sharing.

Another Passion

Sara, you can relay to Anna that she was in my thoughts as I ran the 10k turkey trot in Richmond today. It was a brutal race, tons of hills (which I am not accustomed to running), with little recovery stretches, and off-road portions of the race with some rough terrain and hills. Definitely the most difficult/hardest run I have ever had to date. But, tell her it was a blast and thinking of her helped me get through the tough stretches and finish respectfully at 54:34. Wink

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Sara, you can relay to Anna that she was in my thoughts as I ran the 10k turkey trot in Richmond today. It was a brutal race, tons of hills (which I am not accustomed to running), with little recovery stretches, and off-road portions of the race with some rough terrain and hills. Definitely the most difficult/hardest run I have ever had to date. But, tell her it was a blast and thinking of her helped me get through the tough stretches and finish respectfully at 54:34. Wink
                                Thanks Rick!! I'll call Anna tonight and tell her all about your race. She LOVES the hills - at least the downhill portion of them! Wink Great job on the 10K! And thanks for thinking of us! Sara