Where is Bonkin... Where is Bonkin... (Read 1128 times)

Another Passion

*misses Bonkin and Tricia*
    Me too, Trishie was one of my early inspirations (as were you... and still are, Pam!) here on RA.

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

*misses Bonkin and Tricia*
      I'm just wowed by your abs Shocked

Vim

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Paging Mike Bonkin, Paging Mike Bonkin.... Where are you, man!? Confused
        Yeah, I was wondering about Bonk too? Anyone heard? HELLO, BONK? MTA (several days later) Did he show up yet?
        "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
          Allegedly he was running with the Texas RunningAHEAD team as recently as April 19th, and there is alleged photographic evidence on this very site. Aliens are tricky though, I bet they have some supercharged version of Photoshop. It could just be propaganda, would the other members of the Texas team be able to detect a well programmed clone? If it really IS Bonkin in the picture, why no RA posts?

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

A Saucy Wench

here I am... here I am. Seriously, I haven't seen any posts by Bonkin lately. He outta town/country/running an impromptu marathon in Uraguay? Anyone know? Modal? Confused
            All I can say is since you posted this original thread I have had this song stuck in my head (alternating with Copacabana courtesy of dd) . A WEEK dammit. Angry MTA But I dont know where anyone is. Shit...not even my toddler...where did he go? {crashing noises in the background}

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

You might not hear from him again unless it's through his publicist, now.
              I had to fire my publicist. For obvious reasons.
              Seriously,I don't think he is on a JK type RA hiatus. He should be coming out of hiding this weekend unless something happened to him. All I can say is I got correspondence from him 2 weeks ago. Oh yeah, I ran a trail run (half marathon) with Bonkin and his co-worker end of March, which was a really fun experience.
              And no one puked! I wish life was as exciting as disappearing to Uruguay, but unfortunately it's been nothing more exciting than life an no running for a while. I guess I just needed a break. I ran the Grasslands Half Marathon with Modal and my friend Richard and I agree that it was a fun experience. I'll definitely be doing that again next year - perhaps the full marathon or the ultra. Anyways, I'm back. El Scorcho training was kicked off tonight with an easy 8 miler. Thanks very much to every one looking out for me, apologies for the sub-par job my publicist did in my absence. MTA - And yes. I have been smoking like a fiend since Cowtown in February. Today, I learned that nicotine patches and sweat are never going to be close friends.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Anyways, I'm back. El Scorcho training was kicked off tonight with an easy 8 miler. .
                Surprised, and I thought you were going to flake on us after you won cigs for life.
                Today, I learned that nicotine patches and sweat are never going to be close friends.
                Did you elaborate more on this in the health section? I assume they fell off.

Vim

JakeKnight

Anyways, I'm back.
                  Good thing. This place isn't the same without a little Dave Chappell on crack.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

MTA - And yes. I have been smoking like a fiend since Cowtown in February. Today, I learned that nicotine patches and sweat are never going to be close friends.
                    Can you duct tape them on? Seriously.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Can you duct tape them on? Seriously.
                      I could. But that would hurt - at least the first few times until all the hair was gone. Instead, I just adjusted when I apply the patch to after the post-run shower.

Another Passion

All I can say is since you posted this original thread I have had this song stuck in my head (alternating with Copacabana courtesy of dd) . A WEEK dammit. Angry MTA But I dont know where anyone is. Shit...not even my toddler...where did he go? {crashing noises in the background}
                        Sorry Ennay. I know how frustrating that can be. Welcome back Bonkin. Did I miss something or, are you seriously smoking again? If so... CUT IT OUT! Wink

Rick
                        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Sorry Ennay. I know how frustrating that can be. Welcome back Bonkin. Did I miss something or, are you seriously smoking again? If so... CUT IT OUT! Wink
                          Thanks, Rick. Unfortunately, yes. Up until a few days ago anyway.