*&$#@%* coyotes!! (Read 1402 times)

I'm more than mean enough to make up for lost time.
    And you like to be mean to non-siblings too. Sad

Michelle

Um ... what?
      I guess I'm just not used to it being so acceptable to talk about shooting beautiful, harmless animals! In England if you hunt anything you're pretty much seen as a bit of a d**k really. I guess it's just a different culture. I understand they may annoy you but for me, personally, I can't understand how you think we have the right to take their lives because they are an "inconvenience". Don't you think they were here first?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm more than mean enough to make up for lost time.
        Yeah, no kidding...but I can tattle on you, too... "Moooommmm...he's being meeeeannnn!!!" Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I guess I'm just not used to it being so acceptable to talk about shooting beautiful, harmless animals! In England if you hunt anything you're pretty much seen as a bit of a d**k really. I guess it's just a different culture.
          Yeah...'cause no cultural elite people in England hunt...

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

I guess I'm just not used to it being so acceptable to talk about shooting beautiful, harmless animals! In England if you hunt anything you're pretty much seen as a bit of a d**k really. I guess it's just a different culture. I understand they may annoy you but for me, personally, I can't understand how you think we have the right to take their lives because they are an "inconvenience". Don't you think they were here first?
            not a big fan of hunting but if a coyote killed and ran off w/ my dog I'd defintiely think about killing it. sorry. if it helps any I have a deer family and ground hogs in my yard and I enjoy them very much and have no plans of shooting at them.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

The voice of mile 18

hmm she makes a point they are d**ks

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Oh, snap.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JakeKnight

Um ... what? Can you point to the post where I said any of that, please? Or is it your impression that us Yanks are all the same and all 300 million of us can be lumped together? Maybe you could target your comments a little better. Actually, now that I look - NOBODY said that. Srlopez made a joke, and somebody else cited a state law on the issue. The only pro-hunting talk came in response to your post. I've never hunted anything in my life. And I spent a morning with Bambi just today. My log even says so. And for the record, I lived in the U.K. for three years. In both northern England and Scotland, hunting - specifically stag hunting - is a way of life, not much different than in places like northern Michigan in our country. And sadly, the arguably cruelest kind of hunting there is - fox hunting - is native to and still practiced primarily in your country, or was until 2004.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

Okay let me clear up a few things here: I'm not lumping all Americans together, I just saw on this thread a lot of people encouraging the OP to shoot and kill coyotes purely on the reason that they annoy him/her. I was just expressing my shock at this, as nobody I know would ever condone hunting. As for hunting in England, I think you'll find it's only upper class pricks who still consider themselves above the law and go around hunting. As I said, I have never met a single Brit who thinks hunting is justified. The Royal Family are awful role models and examples of your average British citizen, and do not represent the England I know to any extent. IMHO all hunting is wrong, and my comments are only directed towards those who have put forward pro-hunting opinions. Sorry for any offence, none intended.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And sadly, the arguably cruelest kind of hunting there is - fox hunting - is native to and still practiced primarily in your country, or was until 2004.
                      Lest we forget where "mad cow" disease originated. Because of the time I spent in the UK I can no longer donate blood in the US. Nice. Apparently it's not all rainbows and sunshine as far as livestock is concerned in Great Britain, either. Debbie, unless you are a strict vegan who wears no leather or other animal products it's hard for your stance to not come off completely hypocritical and ignorant. Hunting is not about going and blowing up anything that moves...for some few it might be, but for the vast majority of hunters I personally know it's about putting food on the table and helping control populations of animals with few natural enemies. It also brings a TON of money into a lot of regions of the world (including the state I reside in...the state with the highest unemployment in the entire US) that are financially struggling.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

As for hunting in England, I think you'll find it's only upper class pricks who still consider themselves above the law and go around hunting.
                        If it's a legal activity, then they are not "above the law." And if it's legal are we to assume that a law was passed by a majority of voters...? Perhaps that's not how things work in the UK...?

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Srlopez made a joke, and somebody else cited a state law on the issue. The only pro-hunting talk came in response to your post.
                          Hold on there. My singular contribution to this thread was riffing on the idea that it's the PhDs doing the helicopter hunting.

JakeKnight

Hold on there. My singular contribution to this thread was riffing on the idea that it's the PhDs doing the helicopter hunting.
                            I meant this:
                            Hold on a sec. You mean I could have been shooting coyotes all this time?

JakeKnight

I just saw on this thread a lot of people encouraging the OP to shoot and kill coyotes purely on the reason that they annoy him/her. I was just expressing my shock at this, as nobody I know would ever condone hunting.
                              Examples please? Who said that? And while nobody *you* know may hunt, rest assured your country has a rather active hunting culture. From what I remember, it's actually great hunting, if you're into that kind of thing. Tens of thousands of Brits hunt for everything from at least six species of deer to all sorts of birds to wild boar. I doubt 1% of them qualify as "upper class." Plenty of them hunt to put food on the table. Just like in most places. Actually, I just checked. Over a million Brits annually participate in shooting and hunting, and your leading hunting organization - well, one of many - has almost 150,000 members. You can actually hunt for snipe in the UK. I thought snipe hunting was just an old joke.

JakeKnight

Because of the time I spent in the UK I can no longer donate blood in the US.
                                /Off-Trent's-personal-comet-topic: Hey, is that still true? Do you have any idea what the time limit is on that, if there is one? Last time I tried to give blood, I got turned away for the same reason. But its been over a decade now, I wonder if I can give blood again ...? /Back to the coyote murdering