*&$#@%* coyotes!! (Read 1402 times)

Jazz hands!

/Off-Trent's-personal-comet-topic: Hey, is that still true? Do you have any idea what the time limit is on that, if there is one? Last time I tried to give blood, I got turned away for the same reason. But its been over a decade now, I wonder if I can give blood again ...? /Back to the coyote murdering
    Having just given blood this very morning, it's at all 1980-1995, and more than 5 years since 95.
    run run run AHHHHHH run run run
    xor

I meant this:
      Ah, well I should have made the joke a bit more verbose then. I actually haven't had a real jonesing to play DOOM with coyotes, but it probably would have been more constructive than some of the research I actually did. I do think it is perversely humorous thinking about some of the phds in my past (from the world of computer science) getting assigned the task of "go shoot coyotes". They'd have to think it through for a couple months. It might even be an NP complete problem.

Lazy idiot

I actually haven't had a real jonesing to play DOOM with coyotes
        What if you get to use the BFG 9000?

Tick tock

JakeKnight

What if you get to use the BFG 9000?
          The fact that I laughed at that is so sad.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

Lazy idiot

The fact that I laughed at that is so sad.
            And yet it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Tick tock

xor

Possum is good eatin' too. 'Course I don't hunt them. I just recycle what I find. When I lived in Texas, it was armadillo.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

/Off-Trent's-personal-comet-topic: Hey, is that still true? Do you have any idea what the time limit is on that, if there is one? Last time I tried to give blood, I got turned away for the same reason. But its been over a decade now, I wonder if I can give blood again ...? /Back to the coyote murdering
                Yep...AFAIK there is no limit...until it can be proved that humans can't harbor the virus in their bodies long-term we're blacklisted. Such a waste.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Having just given blood this very morning, it's at all 1980-1995, and more than 5 years since 95.
                  Here's the Red Cross' policy (I was in the UK for 4 months in early '93): At this time, the American Red Cross donor eligibility rules related to vCJD are as follows: You are not eligible to donate if: From January 1, 1980, through December 31, 1996, you spent (visited or lived) a cumulative time of 3 months or more, in the United Kingdom (UK), or From January 1, 1980, to present, you had a blood transfusion in any country(ies) in the (UK). The UK includes any of the countries listed below. Channel Islands England Falkland Islands Gibraltar Isle of Man Northern Ireland Scotland Wales You were a member of the of the U.S. military, a civilian military employee, or a dependent of a member of the U.S. military who spent a total time of 6 months on or associated with a military base in any of the following areas during the specified time frames From 1980 through 1990 - Belgium, the Netherlands (Holland), or Germany From 1980 through 1996 - Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Italy or Greece. You spent (visited or lived) a cumulative time of 5 years or more from January 1, 1980, to present, in any combination of country(ies) in Europe, including in the UK from 1980 through 1996 as listed in above on or associated with military bases as described above, and in other countries in Europe as listed below: Albania Austria Montenegro (Federal Republic of Yugoslavia) Belgium Bosnia/Herzegovina Bulgaria Croatia Norway Poland Czech Republic Denmark Romania Finland France Slovak Republic (Slovakia) Germany Greece Spain Hungary Ireland (Republic of) Italy Kosovo (Federal Republic of Yugoslavia) Liechtenstein Luxembourg Macedonia Netherlands (Holland) Portugal Serbia (Federal Republic of Yugoslavia) Slovenia Sweden Switzerland Turkey Yugoslavia (Federal Republic includes Kosovo, Montenegro, and Serbia)

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yep...AFAIK there is no limit...until it can be proved that humans can't harbor the virus in their bodies long-term we're blacklisted.
                    And yet, mad-cow disease would explain so much for both you and JK.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And yet, mad-cow disease would explain so much for both you and JK.
                      Shut it, before I tattle on you! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

This always ticks my British friend off. She has been vegetarian since 1970. Can't give blood.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

JakeKnight

Wait. I can't *ever* give blood?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wait. I can't *ever* give blood?
                            Nope...not unless they drop the restrictions. It sucks. If more people ate game meat instead of factory farmed beef (from greedy farmers who saved $$ by feeding their livestock brains from previously slaughtered livestock) in the UK this would not have been an issue. So sometimes it's not good to eat brains like a zombie. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Just gave blood (Pint for a Pint day - give blood, get a free blizzard from Dairy Queen!! Yay!)...they didn't seem to mind that when I was in Panama for a month a couple years ago, I was bitten by some sort of something and got treated in a Panamanian hospital with lord-knows-what kind of drugs. I'd think Europe would be a better bet than Central America. Smile
                              "If you run 100 miles a week, you can eat anything you want - Why? Because (a) you'll burn all the calories you consume, (b) you deserve it, and (c) you'll be injured soon and back on a restricted diet anyway." ~ Don Kardong
                              JakeKnight

Nope...not unless they drop the restrictions. It sucks.
                                That sucks. Last time I tried was maybe 2002. I left the UK in 1994. I figured that at some point (10 years? 15 years) they'd let me give blood again. Sheesh. Trent (a.k.a. the idiot who dredged this up), if you see this, how about a medical explanation? Can I really carry something in my blood that long that doesn't hurt me but makes my blood useless?