*&$#@%* coyotes!! (Read 1402 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Thank you, Globule.

Amy

~Gordo~

All this hunting talk has me thinking just one question: When does ass-traffic season start? Shhhh, be very, very quiet, I'm hunting ass-traffic. I hear it is might tasty when cooked over an open fire as well.
        !If you don't...you won't! ~Remember the light at the end of tunnel maybe you~ ~If you choose not to decided, you still have made a choice~

Imminent Catastrophe

wow, mgerwien said it pretty well. There is a difference here--There's recreational hunting (such as fox hunting was in GB) which is purely a sport and serves no useful purpose other than entertainment. I really don't think those British noblemen were eating those foxes, or protecting their chickens. Trophy hunting also fits here--shooting an animal so you can stuff it and mount its head on your wall. I've seen videos of game farms, where hunters pay big bucks to "hunt" a lion or tiger which is really a tame animal raised in captivity. The hunter walked right up to the tiger which, having been raised in captivity, had no instinct to run away, and shot it. Probably mounted it on his wall and lied about the hunt. That was one of the most despicable things I've ever seen. Then there's sport hunting as practiced here in the US, where the hunter shoots a deer, elk, caribou, turkey, dove, whatever, in the wild--then proceeds to eat it. Since, as mgerwien stated, many of these animals no longer have natural predators to worry about, being taken by a hunter is probably much more humane than death by starvation, disease, or being hit by a vehicle (which usually injures a human as well). Finally there's shooting of dangerous predators like cougars and bears, and vermin like coyotes, feral pigs, or Billy Mays. These creatures are a nuisance and a threat and they "need shootin".

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Billy Mays. These creatures are a nuisance and a threat and they "need shootin".
            Clowning around

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bwaahahaha...I am still laughing. Billy Mays...bwahahahaa... *snort* Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Holy crap...dude even has a Wikipedia page! And look at all the things he has hawked! Shocked

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Of course, do not confuse Billy (William) Mays with Willie (William) Mays.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Of course. Though I will say that Oxyclean is some good stuff...especially when one lives with a 7 year old who has an affinity for ketchup and sliding on the grass.

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

I would never advocate shooting Willie Mays. Now, as for Billly Mays, just use your best judgment.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Imminent Catastrophe

Of course. Though I will say that OXYCLEAN IS SOME GOOD STUFF...ESPECIALLY WHEN ONE LIVES WITH A 7 YEAR OLD WHO HAS AN AFFINITY FOR KETCHUP AND SLIDING ON THE GRASS
                        FIXED, with all caps.

This thread is what I love about RA. Funny, Serious, Ridiculous, Political, and then Funny again.
                          Do bears bear? Do bees be?
                            Trent, you are such a wolfish coyoteish instigator. Note the dates, kids. The odds of the original poster responding may be slightly minimal. You've got better chances in the ass-traffic thread.
                            The OP is in the house!! And you thought I wouldn't show up, JK!! Big grin Had I known my nights of insomnia made worse buy mangy coyotes would stir up so much crap, I may have bumped this thread long ago (nice move, Trent!!). Wink I just want all anti-hunters to know that to date, the (yes, I'll say it again) *&#@% coyotes have eaten one of my cats & 2 of my turkeys. Now in the defense of the coyotes, the turkeys came from my evil Amish MIL & I hated them. But I didn't want them to come to an unfortunate end...like the pile of feathers & parts they were after the coyotes dug under the pen fencing, drug the turkeys out & brutalized them. And I'm certain the fate of my dear Godiva kitty was no better. And shall we mention the times they've tipped my trash container over on trash day by trying to get into it? I hunt & I'm proud of it. I'm mindful of all hunting regulations/laws, I only shoot what I will use, I practice management of animal populations & I'm a damn good shot! I hunt to feed my family. I hunt deer to keep the population in check, as I feel one shot is much less agonizing than slow starvation due to over population. I hunt because I live in a farming community, and have most of my life, and have seen crops destroyed due to overpopulation. And because the deer eat my gardens, even when I feed them their own food...and cause I really love sweet corn this time of year & get pissed when I can't find any because the deer ate it! Big grin I hunt, I'm proud of it & if I have it all correct, I'm a cold blooded killer & rich elitist prick?! Roll eyes Am I redeemed at all if I feed the birds? I do love hummingbirds & cardinals! And I love my kitties & my dogs & I haven't once considered shooting them. Ok, except maybe last night when I came home to find my dogs had eaten a pair of flip-flops! And when I hunt in my deer blind, I leave PopTart crusts for the mice, since they live there year round & I just visit in Oct/Nov. I'm a cold blooded killer/elitist prick with a warm fuzzy side! Big grin I'm going back to my groups now where I feel safe from hunters (and anti-hunters)!
                            So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                            xor

I personally don't care that you hunt, and it would traumatize me terribly if a coyote took my pet(s). Now. If you don't like deer rummaging through your garden for vittles, what's the logic of:
                              I feed them their own food
                              Doesn't that, you know, sort of attract them to your place for a handout? I'm not asking to bait a fight. I'm asking to learn. You are 100% familiar with your situation of which I know .000001%.

I personally don't care that you hunt, and it would traumatize me terribly if a coyote took my pet(s). Now. If you don't like deer rummaging through your garden for vittles, what's the logic of: Doesn't that, you know, sort of attract them to your place for a handout? I'm not asking to bait a fight. I'm asking to learn. You are 100% familiar with your situation of which I know .000001%.
                                Legitimate question, and despite my tone in my post, I'm really not baiting a fight either. I find this entire thread amusing! In answer to your question, we have 35 acres & I plant on approximately one tenth of an acre of that. Mainly because I suck at growing things. Veggies, fruit, flowers, plants, it doesn't matter. Despite growing up as the daughter of a farmer, I can't even keep a house plant alive. I feed the deer many acres away from my humble little gardening areas. Since we have horses & cows, there is electric fencing near the areas where I have planted various things. This does not, however, stop the deer. Evil grin But I don't shoot them because they eat my hostas. I actually rather enjoy watching the deer. Sometimes I even go out to the woods during hunting season & spend days watching them without even considering firing my rifle. I feed the deer for two reasons: 1. because I enjoy watching them & 2. because it is a vain attempt to keep them out of my neighbors corn field. Due to restrictions, they only get a few morsels here & there, and they apparently supplement this with my gardens. I'm ok with it really, I just wonder why my plants are tastier than the approximately 5000 acres of crops surrounding my little farm!! Confused Big grin
                                So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3