Oh, by the way... leave your iPod at home (Read 1650 times)

I'll bet 10-1 that whatever you've got saved on that thing is lamer than Andrew Lloyd Weber night on American Idol. In fact, I'll bet you've even planned the songs you'll listen to, right? Kajagoogoo, Starland Vocal Express, and Culture Club? Maybe Shakira. No wait, you're Quincy? House of Pain, recent vintage Aerosmith (Janie's Got a Gun), J Geils Band, and maybe the Standells if you're a Sawx freak. I'll bet you $5 that you run faster w/o the tunes. Best thing that ever happened to me was I forgot mine for a race one day. Saw a few ads for "MP3 friendly" races in the back of the Boston Marathon guide (where, by the way, course marshals were forcing the few people I saw with headphones to take 'em off). So fess up. What songs are so frickin' important? Inquiring minds want to know.
    jeffdonahue

Personally almost all the races I have run in have said no ipods/ headphones and you know what... there are still tons of people that wear them. I have never heard (other tahn in triathlons) of them actually DQing someone for them, or even just jotting their name down and exluding them from the results.
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Grandma's Marathon 2007 DQ'd loads of people for being seen on course with headphones on.
        mikeymike

I really want to run Grandma's someday. That's one I'd travel for.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I find this particular song to be absolutely ideal for trapping in one's head and repeating for 3.1 miles. Perhaps the greatest running song ever.
            Shit...I just HAD to click on that, didn't I... Roll eyes

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I really want to run Grandma's someday. That's one I'd travel for.
              Mikey. How about 2008? You got some reasonable training and now have 8 weeks... Just sayin.
                Other than the incomparable Rick Astley....The only jam i would listen to during a 5k is..... This... or That HTFU http://www.gunthernet.com/ MTA: Pussycat is pretty solid too.
                mikeymike

Mikey. How about 2008? You got some reasonable training and now have 8 weeks... Just sayin.
                  Ugh. It's too soon to think about my next marathon. I need to start over. Plus isn't registration closed?

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, sure, but check on ebay...
                    mikeymike

Nah. I need to run major miles and get to another level before my next 26.2-miler. Are you going, Trent?

Runners run

Former runner

Shit...I just HAD to click on that, didn't I... Roll eyes
                        I hear they are working on a anti Rickroll plugin for Firefox. Kind of like an ad blocker, but for Rick Astley videos. Tongue

Ross

JakeKnight

Kajagoogoo
                          Nice! Too shy, too shy ... hush hush ... eye to eye ... Hypnotically powerful lyrics even today. We are so old.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                          -----------------------------

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

I know from my training runs that my footstrikes vary widely in noise level through out my run. When I am running smooth I can barely hear them and its mainly the pull through phase of the stride, when I get tired or lose focus it's a stampede. With the headphones in, once in awhile I'll know, when people turn around to see what is going on. Can't wait until Grandma's.
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Can't run Grandma's this year. I will be a mere 40 miles away, but cannot close the gap. Criminy. As a result, the weather will be 42 and cloudy with a tailwind.

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

Can't run Grandma's this year. I will be a mere 40 miles away, but cannot close the gap. Criminy. As a result, the weather will be 42 and cloudy with a tailwind.
                                As long as there is no rain or snow. 4 straight weekends it has been at best in the low 40's with some precipitation. I want at least one long run before the race to be without sweats on. Not gonna happen this weekend. Today I stupidly put in just under 5 way under dressed, with a decent rain. Although, I probably could have won a wet t-shirt contest at the end Surprised