Newbies: Some things I have learned about running over the last 31 yrs and 65,000 miles (Read 1493 times)

My legs are killing me

Good stuff Nick! Thanks.
      Thanks LRN! Those are excellent! Put a smile on my face! Smile And I can't believe you've gone 65,000 miles in 31 years. Wow. The #1 reason I love this site is for the inspiration. Keep it comin'!
      Truth be told, it will be 32 years running and logging on 4/22/08--currently 65,400+. I try not to get too anal and remember the exact total daily. My therapist says that is kinda a healthy sign. Have fun and enjoy the journey. Nick
        Truth be told, it will be 32 years running and logging on 4/22/08--currently 65,400+.
        You'd better change your subject line then! Wink Wink About 9,300 more miles or so and I think you'll have enough to go around the earth about 3 x!
          You'd better change your subject line then! Wink Wink About 9,300 more miles or so and I think you'll have enough to go around the earth about 3 x!
          Good point. Actually I have run around the world 2x at the Equator (24,xxx miles x 2) and have run from the South Pole to the North Pole (12,xxx miles)--all uphill mind you. I have headed South towards the South Pole which has been a breeze so far--all downhill. Believe me when I say I am very greatful that I have been allowed my journey. Keep smiling--keep running. Nick
          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Awesome article in RT this month about the masters - I thought of you. I'm totally gonna take my age division when I'm 86.
            Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Oh, and 65,000 miles in 31 years is only a 250 minute mile pace. Big effin deal, I can run faster than that. Roll eyes
                That was funny, thanks
                  Oh, and 65,000 miles in 31 years is only a 250 minute mile pace. Big effin deal, I can run faster than that. Roll eyes
                  Good one. You are into numbers I see. Want to do my taxes? Nick

jfa

Way to Go Nick !!! Thanks again for all you do!!!! Cool

Sweaty

Thanks, excellent advice and I would add something that I learned. If you see a small dog barking, Smile, Big grin if you see a big dog barking, walking, Confused if you see 5 big dogs barking,runs more and more faster . Dead.
                      I donĀ“r suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single moment. L.L

Queen of 3rd Place

I like #1 about not taking any of it or yourself too seriously. It can't be fun if it's *serious*! Thanks, Nick! Arla

Ex runner

Beatin' on the Rock

I'm heading out the door to a race this morning. Thanks for relieving some of my anxiety! Blush
                          Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.

Bugs

Here's one: If you are relieving yourself, and a runner passes you just smile.

Bugs

The following is not an all inclusive list --but a few things may help you out and have you become life-time runners: If you see someone smoking as you run by--ask them for a cigarette. Nick
                              That's my new signature

Go Pre!

Be greatful that you can walk/run. Something I always try to keep in mind Smile
                                And something that is sorely upsetting me now as I nurse something wicked bad in Mr Knee Sad But since I have always appreciated when I could run, and long for when I can again. Smile Dave