3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

Carl A

Lately I've often been running by myself in out-of-the-way places, so I sometimes sing songs like these: Take You Back - Rocky soundtrack I Love You - Climax Blues Band Landslide - Fleetwood Mac

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Something undergroundish: Future Foe Scenario by Silversun Pickups Sexy Results by Death from Above 1979 No Regrets by Aesop Rock
      rudidu

Oh, that's a good one! Bryan Adams was one of my favorites when I was in 8th grade!
        LOL I am in grade 11.....wahaha hence the Blush i think most of my peers would shoot me if they knew...but hey i Kick their asses at running Smile Bump 7 - Zombination (its house but is nice to run too) - thats my 3rd
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

LOL I am in grade 11.....wahaha hence the Blush i think most of my peers would shoot me if they knew.
          That's the great thing about iPods--no one has to know what embarrassing tunes get you pumped! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Beatin' on the Rock

I think I'm the only girl here that doesn't have any music sung by a female. I did have some Evenesance but that got old. I need to find me some that I like.
            Check out: The Donnas: Are You Gonna Move it For Me; Drivin Thru My Heart; Livin After Midnight (and many more) Melissa Etheridge: Run for Life; Resist; Yes I Am Pink: Don't Let Me Get Me ; Trouble ; 18 Wheeler Sheryl Crow: A Change Would Do You Good; Every Day is a Winding Road; Strong Enough Natalie Merchant: Wonder; Carnival Some great stuff here! I copy/pasted 3 pages of the ones I don't have yet so I can check them out. I hope some of you will joing the music lovers group "Running to the Beat"; it'll be easier to find your new stuff Big grin
            Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.

Beatin' on the Rock

Crazy Bitch - Buck Cherry Animal - Nickelback Go Faster - Black Crowes
              Three of my XL Run faves! The beat is sooo important to me. Always on my iPod are: 1. Bloc Party - Modern Love 2. The Weepies - Gotta Have You and for some reason, I like sexy songs in my ears while I am running; nobody can hear them, but I still blush when cars go by Blush. Most Daughtry does it for me, some Beck and, ... yes, I'll say it... 3. She Wants Revenge - Tear You Apart (My kids DO NOT have access to my iTunes!)
              Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
                2 songs that are always on my play list are: Lose yourself (Eminem) and Change (John Waite) Most of my play list is filled up with movie soundtrack music though. Gladiator and The Matrix and anything from John Williams being my favorites.

Res firma mitescere nescit
                Running in Tampa

OK--I didn't read this whole thread, so maybe these have already been mentioned: My #1 fave running song--Green Day's "Holiday" Then probably No Doubt's "Hella Good" and Good Charlotte's "I Just Wanna Live". I also have lots of Tom Petty and Rush. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rush.

Just Do It

1. Beautiful Day -- U2 2. Let's get it Started -- Black Eyed Peas 3. Sweet Child o' Mine -- Guns and Roses (oldie but goodie)
                    My NY running blog Never Quit
                      You know what would be cool? If you made a playlist of your favorite running songs. And your friend made a playlist of their favorite songs, and you exchanged Ipods. That way, you'd each have to suffer through the other persons weirdness. I always thought that would be cool. I have many but here are a few: 1) State of Love and Trust, Pearl Jam 2) Achilles last Stand, Led Zeplin 3) Higher ground, Chili Peppers

- Anya

picked up the Instant Karma (Campaign to Save Darfur) disc yesterday...while none of the covers will ever come close to Lennon's originals, I do love U2's version of IK. Smile
                        OMG, I love Rem's "Number 9 dream". LOVE it!!! And I really love Jack and the Manequin's " God "

- Anya

Hiro11

Some of the tracks on my running MP3 player: "Prime Time Of Your Life" by Daft Punk, specifically the ten minute version from "Alive 2007". Actually, the whol damned thing is great for running "White Unicorn" by Wolfmother "All My Friends" by LCD Soundsystem "Neon Knights" by Sabbath "Shoot to Thrill" by AC/DC "Kill the Rhythm" by Gallows "Blood and Thunder" by Mastodon "The World's a Mess It's In My Kiss" by X "Poison" by Prodigy "Stress" by Justice "Chinese New Year" by Clipse "Devil's Haircut" by Beck
                            BTW, there's a secret to doing a good Neil Diamond imitation. In addition to the obvious overly dramatic singing, the key is....constipation. At certain points in the song, you gotta sing like you're pushing, but nothing's coming out. Examples (words in all caps are the "pushes") Sweet Caroline...Good TIMES never been so good Turn on your HEARTLIGHT in the middle of a young boy's dream And his cover of the Beach Boy's "God Only Knows" I may not always love you, but as long as there are STARS above you Cheers, Jeff
                            I can't believe nobody commented on this gem!! I nearly spit my coffee out reading this!!! I also can't believe I've read through all 15 pages of this thread... Big grin and I'm at work!! I'm getting an iPod this week (maybe tonight) and I'm making a playlist. I've been copying/pasting from this thread and have gotten some really great ideas!! I can't believe though, that none of you 30+ year old women have mentioned Maniac from Flashdance (or maybe I missed it). When I was a teenager, I had leg warmers and would do that little dance she did, stomping her feet on the ground. I thought I was really cool. Tongue What a great song!! That's definitely on my playlist. I'm also trying to think of good songs from Matchbox 20 that would be good for a run. I love those guys, and have all of their CDs. Disease, maybe?

Michelle

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

For new ish songs Lilly Allen "Alfie" Black Eyed Peas "Pump It" Avril Laverine "Girlsfriend" I HAVE to listen to those 3 when I run or if I'm having a bad run I'll fast forward to one of them.
                              -Jen
                              2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
                              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I can't believe nobody commented on this gem!!
                                Wow, me neither. Geez,that was from almost 10 months ago. I'd forgotten just how damn funny I can be. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.