3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

1. Franz Ferdinand - Take me Out (love the tempo & syncopation changes) 2. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Running Down A Dream 3. U2- Vertigo
    ditto on the Franz Ferdinand choice!! I also really like Hips Don't Lie by Shakira, cuz it makes me feel a little sexy. Blush

phzzzzzzzzzzz

I was raised Baptist and haven't attended church in almost 20 years...and I married an atheist. Evil grin
      Nice! One of the runners in a marathon I ran a few years back was wearing a devil outfit. I caught up with him about half way through the race... From then on I had "Running With The Devil" stuck in my head.

Kings Canyon NP 07'

Trailer Trash by Modest Mouse Ocean Size - Janes Addiction rose parade - elliott smith Or just the sound of my feet and heart!

left-right-left-right-repeat

Another Passion

Roll with the Changes - REO Speedwagon Don't Look Back - Boston Spirit of the Radio - Rush

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Life is Good

Roll with the Changes - REO Speedwagon Don't Look Back - Boston Spirit of the Radio - Rush
            I like your taste in music Rick...I have all three on my Mp3 player as well! but my three favorites: 1. Time for me to fly - REO speedwagon 2.Life'-s been good- Joe walsh 3. Rocky's theme

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

Born To Be Wild Eye of The Tiger St. Elmo's Fire

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

"Run" - Gnarls Barkley - The lyrics "Yeah, it's still the same, can't you feel the pain" and feels like 180 beats per minute - perfect for a tempo run "Seven Nation Army" - White Stripes "Straight Outta Compton" - NWA
                  Seven Nation Army rocks! Gonna put that on the next mix. Thanks!
                    I don't listen to music while running, but while listening to a CD in my car today, it occurred to me that "Wolf Like Me" by TV on the Radio would be a great one to listen to before a race.
                    Brandon

Beatin' on the Rock

Roll With the Changes inspired my first - and last for quite a while- 7 minute mile. Has anybody mentioned B.O.B by Outkast.? Great cadence for running, at my fave speed anyway. Some songs mentioned are great for listening to, but don't work for me for running; the beats per minute insprire my legs - can't help it. Slow beats = slow run. Try these: Robert Randolph "Ain't Nothing Wrong With That" (Fast, Perfect!) Pearl Jam "Love, Reign O'er Me" ( I cried at the end of a run when this was playing; just from the power of the instrumentals and lyrics - pathetic, I know!) Beck "Girl" (Happy running!) PLEASE visit and try to post often to the music lovers group? http://www.runningahead.com/groups/R2B/ I imagine a permanent place for music lovers only, where the iPod police can't attack us.
                      Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
                        Mr. Roboto - Styx Mortal Combat Soundtrack - Control (Traci Lords) ... 6 1/2 minutes long - great! Ride like the Wind - Christopher Cross Those are my classic favorites My newest favorites: Flashing Lights - Kanye West Into the Night - Santana Nobody's Perfect - Hannah Montanna Kelly
                        Oh thank you thank you thank you!! I figured I was going to be alone. I love Hannah Montana (even went to the concert). I have Nobodys Perfect and See You Again on my 5k playlist. I love it.
                        ~Liz, single mama to K, L & C Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit.
                          I listen to music differently now that I have an iPod... in the car I listen and try to picture myself running to the song! As a result I have a few new ones: The Sultans of Swing (oddly, it does have a pretty good running beat) - Dire Straits Send Me An Angel - Real Life (remember the 80s movie RAD? Tongue ) I Need to Know - Marc Anthony Turn to Stone - ELO Walking on Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves My-Ya-Hi - no idea who does this one. They're Romanian, I know that much, and there was a funny you tube video about it a couple years ago.

Michelle

sdewan

2010 Goofy Trainee

1. Outkast - Hey Ya (ever since WDW Marathon 2007) 2. Metallica - Turn The Page 3. Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You out of My Head (although I'm really a classic rock guy, these songs really motivate me when working out.)

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream...

I am going to list albums, tend to enjoy listening to the whole album when running Bloc Party - Silent Alarm The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America Kings of Leon - Becasue of the times The National - Boxer LCD Soundsytem - Sounds of Silver
                                Kanye West - Jesus Walks and Stronger Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil Fat Joe - Make it Rain