3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

The Greatest of All Time

I have a playlist on my iPod called "Running Choons" that has about 70 songs that I just listen to over and over. But I also listen to some of my old mixes at times (used to be a rave/club DJ) or mixes by Christopher Lawrence, Nick Warren, or old John Digweed. Top 3 currently: Killers-Somebody told me Metallica-Whiskey in the jar Green Day-Geek Stink Breath Honorable Mentions: Hole-Violet Low Fidelity All Stars-Battle Flag Chemical Brothers-Hey Boy, Hey Girl
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Maggie & Molly

my eight yr old neice came over with her mp3 player and had me listen to Black Eyed Peas. Now I run to them - they have a great beat and the songs are silly Junk in the Trunk is one of my favs!!!! Also Hips Don't Lie by Shakira!!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

I am 43. I listened to hard rock in HS, alternative/new wave /punk in college and thereafter and over the last three years or so, alternative music and hip hop. But the best running songs in my opinion are techno. They tend to be long, 7 minutes or more, and, like the trance subset of techno, they can put you in a trance where the miles fly by. Thus, renegade masters, busy child (crystal method), and cowgirl (underworld) are three of the best, others are mars (arizona), block rockin' beats (the chemical brothers), and you're no good for me (tocadisco).
          I have to thank those who put "Lose Yourself" by Eminem on your playlists. I added it to mine, and what a great song to run to. I haven't heard that song in years, I forgot what a great song it is, and I don't usually like rap. Although it's not really rap, I don't think. Anyway, thanks! I did my first 4 mile run today, and you know what got me through? Holding Out For a Hero -- Bonnie Tyler, I think? The song from Footloose. It was the 6 minute version, and it was exactly the right tempo for me, and I sailed on home! Big grin

Michelle

phzzzzzzzzzzz

I am 43. I listened to hard rock in HS, alternative/new wave /punk in college and thereafter and over the last three years or so, alternative music and hip hop. But the best running songs in my opinion are techno. They tend to be long, 7 minutes or more, and, like the trance subset of techno, they can put you in a trance where the miles fly by. Thus, renegade masters, busy child (crystal method), and cowgirl (underworld) are three of the best, others are mars (arizona), block rockin' beats (the chemical brothers), and you're no good for me (tocadisco).
            Love the 'Chemical Brothers'. They actually host a radio show here in Los Angeles. My fave running music runs more to the industrial, like Ministry, Combichrist, KMFDM.. You might like Cinematic Orchestra. I have to admit, though, that I only listen to music while running if I'm on the treadmill because it's really boring. Outside, I really prefer not to listen to music. It's much more relaxing that way.
              I'd just like to add that 'Storm' by Vanessa Mae is well having on your playlist. My taste in music is questionable at best, mind, so I think I'll hold off on recommending anything else for now...
                My top ten most listened to songs (which 90% of is while I'm running) according to iTunes: Get Your Walk On - Xzibit Da Funk - Daft Punk Murder She Wrote - Chaka Demus & Pliers Higher Ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers Block Rockin' Beats - Chemical Brothers The Final Chapter - Mike Macaluso Triumph - Wu-Tang Clan Till I Collapse - Eminem Smack My Bitch Up - Prodigy Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
                  "Footloose"... "Holding Out for a Hero" is great.
                  I'm Free- Kenny Logins..... Great running tune. Actually as Pathetic as it sounds I am a closet Footloose Soundtrack Fan.... Love most of the music on it, because it takes me back to Oh so happy days..... Wink

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

jck

Just loaded some news one today Charlie Daniels---Trudy and Orange Blossom Special John Michael Montgomery--Beer and Bones Rush---2112 Overture My fav is Nickelback--Never Again
                    Clark 2008 Goals Run HM under 2hrs done-1:50 Run First Full Marathon Sept 14th 4:00 Finish all home projects---ya right

Double IPA Please!

Abacab- Genesis Let the Good Time Roll-The Cars Alive-P.O.D Bittersweet Symphony-The Verve Crazy Bitch- Buckcherry Don't Stop the Music- Rihanna Everybody Wants Some!- Van Halen Gangster Trippin'- Fatboy Slim GhettoMusick-Outkast Glamorous Indie Rock and Roll- The Killers I Won't Be Left- Tegan and Sara Little Bird- Acapella Dance Mix- Annie Lennox Since Your Gone- The Cars

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

I haven't been able to get through all 18 pages of this thread yet, but here's three songs from come of my latest runs that got me through at different points: Led Zeppelin's Kashmir (the cadence of my tempo run matched the beat to this one perfectly) The Theme from "Rocky" (this one came on randomly just as the weather went sour and started to hail on me - a perfect HTFU song) The Theme from "Chariots of Fire" (this is a perfect "pick me up" song at any point during a run)
                          1. Franz Ferdinand - Take me Out (love the tempo & syncopation changes) 2. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Running Down A Dream 3. U2- Vertigo
                          Oh, I love love Tom Petty so much...
                          "Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative." - prefontaine
                          hockey2girl7

metallica - turn the page paramore - born for this red hot chili pepers - fortune faded billy joel - you may be right tom petty - wont back down
                            stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Thanks for all the great ideas everyone! Here are a few of my favoite running songs: Pantera - Cemetary Gates (kills a good 7 minutes of a run, excellent song!) Misled Citizen - anything off their album (check them out on iTunes, punk lovers!) Beastie Boys - Paul Revere I have so many other favorites, I could go on forever!

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

I just added these to my list: Stronger- Kanye West Paralyzer- Finger Eleven Just Push Play- Aerosmith