3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

Zoom Zoom, You will appreciate this one: " Turn to you" The Go-Go's...... Heard it leaving the gym the other afternoon, and thought " OMG, I LOVE that song" !! Rockin song back when the Go-Go's were the S&*%...... Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

I'd just like to add that 'Storm' by Vanessa Mae is well having on your playlist. My taste in music is questionable at best, mind, so I think I'll hold off on recommending anything else for now...
      Love vanessa mae! Never thought of adding her to my running list. Thanks!
        Since there are so many Footloose fans on here... check out Holding Out for a Hero by Frou Frou. Great remake and on Shrek 2 Soundtrack i think. And I am embarrassed to say it, but Flo Rida's "Low" has a nice beat (and makes me want to shake it while running). I blame it on my husband who works with high schoolers. Smile

~Sara
        It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

protoplasm72

Since I stopped using a treadmill I never actually listen to music while running anymore but these are some of the songs I'll listen to on my way to a race. Atreyu - Falling Down (poorly named for a running song but still a great song) Paramore - Crushcrushcrush Stereogram - Walkie Talkie Man By artist I think Buckcherry has the most songs in my list. Panic! At the Disco and Avril Lavigne are in there a lot too.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

dfffff

I never listen to music while running but before races I invariably listen to Kashmir or Achilles Last Stand by Led Zeppelin.
            sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

Hmmm mine change depending on what I have recently downloaded and where I am running. Today I would say: Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love OutKast - The Way You Move Shawn Colvin - Shotgun Down the Avalanche
              If you're bored ask why you're boring
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I never listen to music while running but before races I invariably listen to Kashmir or Achilles Last Stand by Led Zeppelin.
                Dude.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Alright - new #1 for me Hammerhead - The Offspring Loaded it on the iPod the other day. It hit when I was 7 miles into an 8.5 mile run today, at the bottom of a muthaf*@ka hill and feeling like the tank was on empty. That hill was nuthin'...

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Bring me to life Baba O'Reiily In the End
                    HermosaBoy

I'll admit that I didn't look through all 18 pages either, but here are my top (more than 3) running songs. From my pre-race warm-up play list. Many Rivers to Cross -- Jimmy Cliff Bad -- U2 Vicarious -- Tool Cocaine Blues -- Johnny Cash "Shot her down because she made me slow." Don't Take Me for Granted -- Social Distortion Perfect People -- Pennywise In My Eyes -- Minor Threat Uh is it race time now? Just thinking about those songs gets my HR up. Blush

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Cocaine Blues -- Johnny Cash "Shot her down because she made me slow."
                        I love that song, misogyny aside, of course. Love to belt that one out in the car, where no one can hear my crappy voice.
                        Jake440

1. It's my life - Bon Jovi 2. Let's Go- Trick Daddy 3. Remember the Name- Fort Minor
                          runnerclay

Consistently Slow

1) Sting- nothing bout me 2) Linda Ronstadt -Miss Otis Regrets

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Lately it's been "Flaming Red" by Patty Griffin and "Plasticities" by Andrew Bird, because they're awesome songs and the tempos fit with my stride well when I'm really moving.
                              stephanieteacher

Smile Some of my favorites are: 1. Dig In--Lenny Kravitz 2. Fat Bottom Girls--Queen 3. Push It--Salt & Pepa