3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

SMART Approach

Dont know how anyone runs with a music player. Listen to your mind and body and enjoy the view. When Im not running "Creed" hit the spot.
    Yeh, I generally listen to sports radio when I run and hit the button for music on commercials. The above songs I really enjoy when they come on radio. I also used them in my intense sports conditioning classes I used to instruct. I personally cannot run without listening to something. It really seems like work then. That's just me!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Eustace Tierney

YoYo

You act like listening to music inhibits your ability to do all of these things and that is simply not true.
      Just my opinion. Hey, if it works for you!

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." Goals: Keep on running!

Eustace Tierney

YoYo

Oh and IMO, Creed is some of the crappiest muzak I've ever heard Tight lipped
        Chill..... go for a run!

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." Goals: Keep on running!

AroundTheHorn

Sterophonics-Maybe Tommorow Saul Williams-List of Demands Greenskeepers-Vagabond
          Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.

The young Mama Bear!

You guys have helped out my Zune so much! Big grin My playlist is really weird, but I'll share: Crystal Castles - Magic Spells (GREAT for running!) Kanye West - Flashing Lights Santogold - You'll Find a Way (Switch & Graeme Sinden Remix) - the bass is crazy! J Dilla - Nothing Like This Pitbull - Shake Blush
            Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
            Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
              I don't have three- just one (It really depends on my mood)-But my absolute favorite song to run to is One bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer by George Thorogood.I don't know why- but this is a great song to run to.
                Eels- "Fresh Feeling" <-- great cake- "the distance" and the rest make me geekier than anything listed in this thread. i believe it was zoom that said she had blue man group, which made her a geek. that would be one of my least geeky albums. signed, the classical musician and nasa nerd. great="" cake-="" "the="" distance"="" and="" the="" rest="" make="" me="" geekier="" than="" anything="" listed="" in="" this="" thread.="" i="" believe="" it="" was="" zoom="" that="" said="" she="" had="" blue="" man="" group,="" which="" made="" her="" a="" geek.="" that="" would="" be="" one="" of="" my="" least="" geeky="" albums.="" signed,="" the="" classical="" musician="" and="" nasa="" nerd.=""></-- great cake- "the distance" and the rest make me geekier than anything listed in this thread. i believe it was zoom that said she had blue man group, which made her a geek. that would be one of my least geeky albums. signed, the classical musician and nasa nerd. >

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sterophonics-Maybe Tommorow
                  That is one of the best songs...EVER. Damn, I need to listen to Stereophonics for a run, again.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Eels- "Fresh Feeling" <-- great="" cake-="" "the="" distance"="" and="" the="" rest="" make="" me="" geekier="" than="" anything="" listed="" in="" this="" thread.="" i="" believe="" it="" was="" zoom="" that="" said="" she="" had="" blue="" man="" group,="" which="" made="" her="" a="" geek.=""></-->
                    Nah, what really made me a geek was the guy I married... Wink Hey, Cake rocks...she's going the distance...she's going for speed... Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh and IMO, Creed is some of the crappiest muzak I've ever heard Tight lipped
                      Yeah...ever see that sex tape with Scott Stapp and Kid Rock getting head from groupies on a tour bus while Scott says some shit about it being "good to be king"? Nice job, Scott...aren't you supposed to be a good Christian dad and husband? Yeah, and their music blows, too.

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah...ever see that sex tape with Scott Stapp and Kid Rock getting head from groupies on a tour bus while Scott says some shit about it being "good to be king"? Nice job, Scott...aren't you supposed to be a good Christian dad and husband? Yeah, and their music blows, too.
                        Yeah, he's a d-bag.
                        2010 Goals: Run 1500 miles Sub 22 minute 5K Sub 37 minute 8K Sub 1:45 HM Complete a marathon
                          Nah, what really made me a geek was the guy I married... Wink Hey, Cake rocks...she's going the distance...she's going for speed... Big grin
                          Lol, that's how I sing it! Re: Scott Stapp... I hate that guy. When the "My Own Prison" album came out, I liked them a lot. It was good stuff. I always liked Mark Tremonti, their guitarist, and I even have his signature guitar by Paul Reed Smith. But I can't stand Scott Stapp, and thus Creed.

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein

AroundTheHorn

That is one of the best songs...EVER. Damn, I need to listen to Stereophonics for a run, again.
                            Yup, it's a song filled with hope. We all know we need that at one time or another during a run. Big grin
                            Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yup, it's a song filled with hope. We all know we need that at one time or another during a run. Big grin
                              I became a Stereophonics fan when I watched the "Long Way 'Round" series. Lots of their tunes on the soundtrack. DH hates the lead singer's voice...I love that gravel. Sometimes he sounds a little bit like Rod Stewart, but without the sleaziness, heh.

~ Sarah Kay

kcam

If you want to run fast (no touchy, feely stuff here Smile): UFO - Lights Out UFO - Shoot Shoot Metallica - Whiskey in the Jar