Motivation to run (Read 77 times)

embrunner

I stopped running for a while thanks to an injury, however, Im recovered.
    Im gonna run in a 10Km race in 1 week, so, I would like to do less than 1 hour. Of course Im gonna train hard for that.
    However, I will need some motivation, therefore, Im thinking about speaking with the organizers of the race about this:
    I want to do less than 1 hour in the Race, so to give me some motivation and maybe to make people laugh, I would like to make an agreement with the organization. If I do more than 1 hour in the Race, I will have to be strapped to the inflatable finish arch in boxershorts.
    What do you think about this idea? How do you think people would react?

Mr MattM

I doubt that anyone else gives a damn whether you run under or over an hour... and I seriously doubt anyone wants to see you in your underwear.  In fact, it could be highly offensive to some families.

This is an exceptionally lame idea, imo.

be curious; not judgmental

catwhoorg

Labrat

Im gonna run in a 10Km race in 1 week, so, I would like to do less than 1 hour. Of course Im gonna train hard for that.

Step 1, invent a time machine. Its impossible to train hard for an endurance event in a week

The Boxer shorts idea is just dumb.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Do not do this.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Joann Y

We need to see a picture of you in your boxers first before we can give you a proper answer to your question.

embrunner

Thanks for your opinion. Of course, not everyone would find this funny. Nobody cares about my time, of course, I just "invented" this punishment because it could motivate me to run faster.

embrunner

We need to see a picture of you in your boxers first before we can give you a proper answer to your question.

Why?

Mr MattM

I can't think of why anyone would find it funny.

Thanks for your opinion. Of course, not everyone would find this funny. Nobody cares about my time, of course, I just "invented" this punishment because it could motivate me to run faster.

be curious; not judgmental

embrunner

I can't think of why anyone would find it funny.

Its ok. Not everyone finds the same things funny Smile

Are you a weather man or dj on your local morning zoo fm radio station or something?

mta: it’s a bad idea that no one will agree to, like, or acknowledge

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                      DavePNW

Dude. Either you can run a 10k in less than 1 hour, or you can't. Fear of humiliation does not make people run faster, or all the coaches and training plan developers would be out of business.

Dave

You're running a color run, aren't you?

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Joann Y

Why?

To help answer the question.

FSBD

Go ahead and do it.  What could be better for promoting the joy of running and fitness than a dude strapped to a finishing arch in his underwear because he didn't deem himself good enough?  I'm sure that would lead to a real positive feeling of accomplishment for all the people that finish behind you.  I'm sure it will motivate others to work harder too, so they don't have to publicly humiliate themselves as well.  You'll be an inspiration to all those that can't run 10K in an hour.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

PM sent.

Oh!  Were you only talking to the OP?

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it