Masters Running

Christmas Day December 25, 2023 (Read 42 times)

Jlynne

It's Christmas already? How is that so?

The days just flew by - where did they go?

I was all set with my paper and pen

To write my story about all of my friends

But selling chocolate, baking and all of that shopping

Had my legs and my arms and my brain really popping

Trying to write words to my friends got put on hold

Since my overtired brain just seemed to go cold

The starter for most forums, our friend Jay

Who was up before dawn most every day

And Tramps - out on a run, or out on a hike

Or putting miles and miles on his bike

Karen - who's smile is like pearls

Running each day and walking Robert Earl

Erika - with a new hip living up where it's cold

You'll never convince me to live there - I just can't be sold

Steve with his grandkids and stories to tell

A man with a big heart who lives his life well

And Tet - a new home with a view

He's a treasure with new body parts too

And Holly - we love her she's really so slick

The forum's one and only biker chick

There's Mike with a marathon in every state

Not many have done this - isn't that great?

Deez working shifts so long she's got blisters

But still finding time to run with her Sole Sisters

Roch's got a team - no need to fear

The Lions are great - this is their year

Tammy, Leslie and so many more friends

But I've run out of time, this post has to end

Merry Christmas to all the Masters here

Best wishes to all for a healthy new year!

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Excellent!

Way to go Jeanne!

Thank you

Thank you

For this fabulous poem!

Merry Christmas

bioguy

Great start for the day's thread.

Ran 3 miles then did a little prep cooking. We did not decorate, put up lights, or even get a tree. No present exchange among adults. It has been kind of liberating and lots less stressful. We are heading over to DD Sarah's house later this afternoon and we are bringing dinner. Sarah is on call at the hospital and is there working now delivering a Christmas Day baby.

Tomorrow is Mrs Bio's and my 41st anniversary and all the family is coming to Sarah's to celebrate Christmas. We are having an Asian-themed dinner, courtesy of my son Joe's girlfriend who is Thai. She is making a special soup and my son-in-law, who is a first generation Chinese-American, is bringing a big dim sum sampler. Our contribution is a chicken, broccoli, soba noodle dish that we love.

Enjoy your day!

Simon's Heart | Conshohocken PA

but more in context:

Heart | Structure, Function, Diagram, Anatomy, & Facts | Britannica

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

What a great start to Christmas morning here in the group!  Jeanne wins the internet today.  Thanks!  Bio- that sounds like a fabulous meal and Happy Anniversary.  Love the heart, Bill.

Pouring rain here but not cold- about 57.  Still- not for me!  Suffered through 4.1 miles on the treadmill, ate a little, opened some presents and walked Robert Earl in the rain.  He now smells like wet wool.  Heading off to church soon for the Christmas lunch for those of us who are "strays" this Christmas.  It's really pretty fun- we went a few years ago and I felt sorry for myself until we got there.

Catch y'all later.  Merry Christmas or joyful Monday, whatever today is for you.  Our service last night was just beautiful- even Kiley was impressed.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Jeanne, Jeanne, a beautiful present from you,
              An RA poet laureate through and through.
              A first Christmas to be stuck at home
              You all make me feel never alone
              Helping cheer up a December of blas,
              You’ve all been my special Santa Claus.
              Thanks, . . . but sorry to say,
              probably more to come.

ps surly - no need for any knee pictures, though. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Now, that’s the way to start us off on Christmas morning!  Thank you, Jeanne!  Merry Christmas to you all!

Merry Christmas, my friends! We had a good Christmas Eve with our DS over for a nice dinner followed by exchanging presents with him and a round of an old favorite holiday game. This morning, my DW and I exchanged gifts, and our DS will be back over later for our main holiday meal.

This place has become quite the poetry nook lately, but at least they are poems that I understand and enjoy -- keep it up . Most of what I see of poetry as published in literary magazines is totally opaque to me and I now avoid them to keep from feeling stupid.

I can't believe that Tammy was rooting against the Lions yesterday. Hasn't she had her fill of seeing the Vikings beat up on them for many years? And the same for Jeanne's Packers and Anne's Bears. Hey, we've got quite an NFC North (former Black and Blue Division) crew in here!

It's been really foggy around here the last couple of days but has cleared up a bit today. I went out for about a 2.4-mile walk at a brisk pace.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

Jeanne wins the internet today.  

Yes!  Merry Christmas!  And Happy Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Bio!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Jeanne, that was great! Thanks so much!

Merry Christmas to all my RA friends, including those who might be lurking who don't post much or at all anymore.

We had a quiet night last night with mushroom risotto and chicken done in the Instant Pot. Today so far has been just reading, relaxing and cleaning up the kitchen from all the baking and cooking yesterday (DH made banana bread). We're waiting for Riley to bring his parents over, then we might head out to DS2's and my parents' later. Like Bio, we don't really exchange gifts and this year I did absolutely zero decorating. We get stuff for the kids, like this year DS1 and DIL get movie gift cards, a dinner gift certificate and a handwritten gift certificate for babysitting so we gave them a night out, basically. With the caveat it's after Feb. 1 so Grandma is more resilient).

Happy boxing day 41st anniversary to Bio and Mrs. Bio!

Roch, I sometimes struggle with modern poetry too. A little too esoteric or something, not sure, but I don't really get it sometimes.

Have a great day with whatever you do to celebrate!

C-R

Merry Christmas Masters.

What a great start Jeanne. Sehr kool.

Happy anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Bio.

That rissoto sounds so tasty.

I get it Karen. The rain you started the day is here now. But I'll take 50 degrees in late December in Indiana.

The runners club has a tradition of a 9am short run and some adult beverages with conversation after. This morning was perfect weather and we even had a fire pit where we sat and enjoyed a beverage and talked about 2023. The first year we did this there were 4 of us who's kids were either married or in college so the usual celebrations happen later in the day. Four years later there were 15. It was a nice morning event.

Full family celebration this evening. Should be fun.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

coastwalker

Hi Masters.

Extraordinary start to today's thread, Jlynne!! Well done.

Good work on your part as well, Tet. And, as others have noted, poetry abounds on these pages of late - wow!

Happy Anniversary, Mr. & Mrs. Bio!!

Last night's dinner was Dijon and Cognac Beef Stew which, if I say so myself, came out pretty well. Tonight, we're all working together on a turkey dinner with pearl onions, roasted sweet potatoes, string beans, and carrots. We're starting with 2 different versions of shrimp cocktail. Thank goodness DW and I are heading home tomorrow to a more sane eating plan.

I got out for about a 3.4 mile walk yesterday, and 4.4 miles today.

I hope you all are having a greta day!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

dnaff

Hello everyone, thanks for being here.  I enjoy reading about your escapades, your traditions, and your food.

We are on the quiet side of things; kids and dogs either on their way home or off to a party with the other side of the family. It has been a fun though sugar-laden day.  I’m thinking a cheese and mushroom omelette for a light supper will be just the thing to counteract the sweets.  One more dog walk and then the day is really winding down.

Marathon Maniac #957

Oops...never mind

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Jlynne

Not sure what to say…