Masters Running

Sundaily, 4.21.24 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' Masters.

I guess I didn't get the memo about sleeping in today...

Tet, yesterday was about the earliest I've headed out for a workout: I was out the door at 3:15.

I was a slouch today, and didn't get out the door till almost 5 for 5.35 EZ RW miles in 41° temps. Then, after our regular Sunday jazz breakfast, DW and I went out to explore a bit of a new section of the Seacoast Rail Trail, for another 2.35 miles, giving me 7.7 miles for the day so far. The rail trail is going to be great when it is completed, but that'll take a few years because one section needs to be designed and built to cross a section of salt marsh, and that's a significant project. Meanwhile, we're looking forward to getting out on our bikes to tour the rest of the completed sections.

I have more yard work to do for the rest of the day, including replanting some ornamental grasses a neighbor is bringing over. She doesn't want them anymore and was going to toss them until I said I'd take them.

Have a greta Sunday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

bioguy

2.5 miles under overcast skies. Packing up to head home. I have some homework for my genetics class to submit today.

Thanks, Jay, and glad you didn't have to get out at 3:15 again today!  The new rail trail will be great!

I'm having trouble typing with the bandage on my hand, but I'll make do.   Went over to the park for 8.2 miles and did pretty well.  HR stayed low and it was chilly, but I got it done.  My Apple watch is having battery issues (a known problem with many since the last software update) and died about .2 miles before the end of the run.  I've done all the fixes- Apple is going to have to solve this.  My Garmin was still at 86% at the end of the run.....      Nothing else going on today.  I'm giving Robert Earl a break from his onesie that protects his incision, but I have to keep an eye on him.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Still active here, having walked yesterday and today early in very chilly, breezy weather (~40F) with old friends from the former running club. I've also been busy lately car shopping and getting overloaded with almost too much info online, leading me to sit down at the computer while the time rushes by. Then a couple days ago, we were at Costco and spotted a good deal on a new Dell PC that my DW is in need of (but why suddenly now?) and there went the rest of my weekend. As I type this I'm waiting as I copy gigabytes of data from her old PC before copying it onto the new one. And so it goes...

Anyway, some photos from our recent trip to the Tucson area.

Here's my DW about to wade across this "dry wash" at nearby Catalina State Park (it's been a wet winter). It turned out that the path we hiked had to cross the wash four times, so by the end we just went right across and got our shoes soaked!

Backyard view of the house we rented from VRBO (our 2nd time here). The owner has landscaping that rivals some of the official "cactus gardens" that we saw.

At Chiracahua National Monument with its beautiful rock formations and rugged trails.

Along the Echo Canyon Trail at Chiracahua.

At the only place open in Wilcox, AZ on a Sunday night, featuring the best chicken fried steak in Arizona!

The only way into this interesting National Historic Site.

Raptor show at the Sonora Desert Museum.

A great network of biking/walking trails around the Tucson area. Wish I'd had one of my bikes! Tons of cyclists ranging from young hardbodies on road bikes to these old guys on e-bike trikes!

Front yard of our place on the day we left for home. Nice palo verde tree!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

TammyinGP

Fantastic pics Doug! Looks like you two are having another great adventure.

well my little town made the news on one of the news pieces you see on msn.com. . . . https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-a-small-oregon-town-sparked-a-nationwide-debate-on-homelessness/ar-AA1nmzpH?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=49740983e0db4b54a7381c18a99ae29d&ei=17

this park is where I used to park my car and run loops through the adjoining park before it was overtaken by houseless and now I no longer feel safe leaving my car there while run through the park. so I park about a 1/2 mile away and then run over to the park and do loops around the park. Once upon a time, you would see this little parking lot filled with people that were there to take their dogs for walks, families with their young kids learning to ride their bikes, or moms with babes in strollers. I don't know the answer to the growing homeless problem and while I they are people too that deserve a space to lay their heads at night, I'm also not happy that our parks are no longer places to take kids and let them run around like they were when David was young. It frustrates me as a tax payer that pays for these parks  but yet do not feel safe using them. 

Haven't really popped in here for a few weeks. lots of stuff has been going on.

got out for a 10.7 mile trail run yesterday and another 4 this morning. Now it's time to take advantage of a sunny day and do some yardwork.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Jay - glad you got to sleep in a couple of hours. Now I can say I got my morning going only a couple of hours after your instead of the four or five when you're underway as early as 3:15 am.  I think Leslie too but we've run at 3:15 am too but it was in some all night ultra I used to be able to do.

Doug - nice pics.  Although I especially like pictures of places I've been or wish I could've gone,eing them posted herein, I'm getting to like pics of places I've never had any interest in going either too, especially the Fort Bowie Park that's a 1.5 mile hike to get to.  Did you.

ps - how did barefoot DW's shoes get wet?

pps - recumbent trikes are really fast but, unless with extended flagging, very almost invisible too drivers and dangerous on the roads and streets.

Tammy - thanks to GP for tomorrow's Supreme Court case I'll be listening to at SupremeCourt . gov from 7:00 am - 8:00 am PDT as, whatever the decision is, it will directly applicable here in Seattle where it wouldn't even be a problem if they would enforce existing public health and sanitary laws.  Fortunately, there's no prohibition on moving the camps from one end of a park to the other so the Farmer's Market we went to this morning at the north end of the nearby cityside park was free of the winterlong litter and offal as the encampment that's been there has been moved to the other end of the park where the public bathroom facilities are located and it should have been in the first place.

In the meantime, though clouds encompassed the skies yesterday afternoon, no rain resulted and today's another fine one. Yippee.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Doug- love the pictures.  Looks like a great trip.

Marathon Maniac #957

Roch - that looks beautiful!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Great pics Roch!!

Jay - you were out the door at 3:15 yesterday????? come on man, that is the middle of the night still!!

KSA - 8 miles post-surgery with a bandaged hand???? I think I am putting you and Jay in the same category  but nice work!!

Yesterday - I ran 4.2 mile in Boston before work. It was a great run except for the 2 aggressive geese that quacked at me angrily to the point where I had to turn around and run the other way!!! There are signs along the Riverway alerting people to aggressive geese because of nesting season but it still shocked me!!

Today - I did a 10 minute core workout before work and that was it!! I really do not love working these 3 days in a row 12 hour shifts, but it does really make my schedule better. I just have to find a way to suck it up for another year!! At least I have great co-workers for the most part!!
                      Tomorrow plan to have a run, bike, strength type workout morning then enjoy the rest of the day.

My Mom has been with us since Thursday and I feel bad dh has been with her so much while I've been working. She can be a lot, but I am thankful she is still healthy and doing well!!

Sleep well my friends!!

denise

The good news is that I have almost full use of the right hand.  Only the little finger is immobile.  I have to put a plastic bag over it all to take a bath, wash my face etc., but otherwise it’s not too bad.  Didn’t bother me at all running.

Tammy, I’m watching that SCOTUS decision with great interest. 

I loved Rochrunner’s photos. Scenery like that is like another planet. So interesting!

Today I finally ran, 2 weeks and 1 cold/allergies/unknown bug after running my last half. It was good to be out running again on a pretty Spring morning. 3 miles, and I was very tired by the 3rd mile. Herr Wegetarian and I have plans to run a race in Spray, Oregon (wayyyyu out in Cowboy land, population 162) on Memorial Day weekend, so I’d better regain my pep soon to train. 

tomwhite, I bought Listerine & followed your instructions!

SteveP

Jay - The new trail sounds exciting.

Doug - Love the pictures!!!!

Tammy - That link!  UGH.  Hopefully there is a turnaround soon.

DW and I met up with DS's family for 2.1 miles.

Grammy and GD Magnolia.

DIL Keely and GS Jonah.

We really slowed down when DIL found a morel mushroom.

DS Anthony doing the proud poppa thing.

Dunkin

Tucker (Tuck Buddy)

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Looks like a great time, Steve!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."