Masters Running

Friday 2.9.2024 (Read 39 times)

One chapter begins, "The Professor loved prime numbers rib more than anything in the world."  Needless to say, I thought of some of you here.

FIFY

Still out in Utah. Tomorrow is the last day of the conference. My job is to keep time in the morning session. Basically, that means telling people to stop talking, their time is up. After that, it is back to skiing!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Tammy and family, my heart aches to read that your papa left this world.  Please know that we are sending you love and much prayers.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Rochrunner - Very sweet getting the bike out in February.

Holly is in Montego!

TwoCat for the edit win!

I got 3.1 on the mill and then an hour of the PT routines.

Three grandkids were over when I got home from work.  We went out for a mile.

I forgot to post a picture. Earlier in the week, GD#1 (9-year-old Norah) was over before school.  She looked like she was going to a job interview.

SteveP

BTY

Hi Masters.   No swim or strength training for me on Friday, but I got decent exercise in the afternoon, for a rest day.  Our church was one of hundreds to host the "Night to Shine", which is a prom event for people with special needs.  We hosted over 150 guests, in excess of that number of "buddies" who are their friends who he hang out/dance/eat with them and maybe go on the limousine ride with them (a big party bus that takes them on about a one-mile cruise around the town).   The guests are anywhere from teens to folks our ages.   Signups for guests open in the summer or fall and fill up within days.    I coordinated a crew of about 6 guys who helped with the parking of around 400 cars between guests' drivers, buddies, other volunteers, and the caterers, plus an honor guard from a local military academy high school.  The rest of the crew did a fantastic job managing everything.  But I did a lot of running from one parking lot to the other, even though we all had cell phones.  Every year we've done it we've realized we need to make improvements on where we should be parking all the different vehicles, and this year was no different.  The worst part of the event this year for the parkers was the limo driver took an attitude right from the start and insisted his bus wouldn't fit in the same exact planned-out route that it fit in last year, even though it was the same bus with a different driver.  But it turns out he was a last minute replacement of last year's guy - who had no problems then - but had a family emergency Friday afternoon.    Anyway, if I was the only one of 400 people to not have a wonderful time, then okeydokes.....

Very Cool event BTY

I have learned

if someone tells you he can't park a car,

he

will probably hit something when he tries to park a car

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....