Masters Running

Saturday 3/16/24 Runs, Workouts, and Whatever (Read 34 times)

Bill- I fly Southwest almost exclusively but am lifetime platinum on American from my Dallas days. I think Southwest is generally great, but they really fill up, so if something glitches it’s hard to mobile maneuver.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Very behind here - it’s been a week!! I did start to post one night from my iPad then lost the whole thing by mistake and was too tired to start over!!

5 miles today with the Sole Sister crew - ran with 2 friends I haven’t run with in awhile so it was a very chatty 5!!
      Home for a quick coffee, half a bagel then on my Peloton by 9:00am for another Death by Tens - and let me tell you if that 9th class didn’t do me in hopefully nothing will!!! It was the toughest 10 minute climb ride I think I have ever done!!

My mother came down to spend the night and the three of us took a ride up to Maine - checked in on the camper and drove around the surrounding area. The road in front of our at home neighbor’s house in Camp Ellis was completely destroyed. They also had a lot of damage to their yard and deck, but fortunately their house is ok. 

KSA - hope your travel improved throughout the day

MikeE - nice long run

Dave - great race

Kudoos to everyone here for staying so active

denise

Ate dinner at Vino Volvo in the Denver airport. Still almost 2 hours to kill before the flight to Palm Springs.   We had a small cheese plate and each had a glass of wine.  Still hungry so had the tomato brichetta.  $70 including tip.  It was good, though.

Mariposai

Howdie RA fam. What a beautiful sunny day we had here today. It is hard to believe that just last week it was snowing on Omak Mountain.

After working 5 hours, I decided to go for a 5 miler up Kermel grade. The sun rays really made me smile the whole way up the canyon.

Glad to see that Karen made it to her destination. We had a 7 hour lay over at the LA airport on our way from Japan, it was not fun.

Dave59, nice race today!

Tramps, thanks for the lead on Hulu and Netflix series. We will need to check it out.

Holly, I  hope you sleep well tonight.

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Thanks. We are just now landing in Palm Springs. 1 am Nashville time.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Comedian John Oliver had an informative episode about Boeing you might enjoy. He's very good at what he does

Tramps - nice one, for sure. Going back to CEO Phil Condit from when I moved down here in 1996 through 2003 when he "retired," I thought I knew quite a bit about Boeing's woes but Oliver's 30 minute rendition has plenty that I've never heard of in Seattle before all along with lots of cleverly amusing comparisons and eye-opening analogies, including employees who were monkeys afraid to say anything working for supervisors who were clowns who didn't care, etc., portraying a much more sobering account of what was actually going on than I ever imagined, that's for sure. When one employee from a military aviation career said their shoddiness would never have been countenanced, he was told, "they're not working for profit."His handful of otherwise gratuitous language that usually makes me block similarly critical reviews was too appropriate to mind. Thanks. Sure glad I haven't had to get into a plane since the pandemic but, when I do again, I'll try to find an Airbus.

Mike - no wonder all the podiums in Dave's race had such familiar names.

KSA - glad your patience and waiting got you to PD okay. I never thought of it before but I can't think of a single instance of anything close to what you went through in one day in all my 8 decades of airports from Singapore to Copenhagen. Better luck on the way back

ps - glad Nashville wasn't that bad but, for me, if I'd've ever got stuck anywhere it I'd've liked it to be Incheon where they have concourse parades in traditional wear, ree internet lounges, capsule accommodations, half dozen or so free bus tours shopping downtown, temples, etc.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)