Masters Running

Mondaily, 3.18.24 (Read 35 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' Masters.

I'm sorry to have missed most of Saturday's and all of yesterday's posts, but we were out of town and too busy with no down time to read anything. We visited my sister and her former-partner, now husband, and had a very good visit.

We went for a 2+ mile walk at the beautiful Auer Farm (now a state park) in Bloomfield, CT on Saturday. Yesterday, I squeezed in a 1.4 mile walk after we got home and before some rain showers passed through. This morning I got out for 4.8 RW miles with negative splits in partly-cloudy 39° temps, and got home in time to get DW's homemade yogurt out of the cooker at 5AM. Then I got in 35 minutes of core work and weights. And now I have to go post this week's tide chart on FB, and try to get that done before our Exec. Dir. call for our daily morning check-in.

Have a greta Monday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning Masters!!

Jay - you are the busiest person I know!! Glad you always make time for your self care/workouts!!

Heard from OrangeMat yesterday - she ran a marathon Sat and qualified for Boston 2025!!

1 mile walk from garage to hospital this morning. We only have 4 patients on the high risk unit right now - could make for a very long day!! I’ll have to do some 5 min Peloton workouts in an empty room    Have a great Monday!!

denise

Thanks, Jay, and good morning to all from Palm Springs.  I got out n the desert air for another 5.2 miles.  Did a big square with some add-ons.  We have a busy day planned with a trip to a state park and then to Temecula for some wine tasting- one of my favorite towns.

I am running in neighborhoods a few miles from the airport.  I have sidewalks and some bike lanes, but I have to really pick my roads because some of them get pretty busy.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

Orange Mat - haven't heard that name in a while.  Good for her!

KSA - glad you finally made it there...

Rest day for me.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

How-Do, All -

OrangeMat - That's a name blast from the past!  Congrats to her.

I got in my 8 miles in The Forest Saturday. 1,732 ft of elevation gain/loss. That place might kill me before I get my hill legs back.   They were pooped the rest of the weekend, but felt pretty good for this morning's strength training workout.

I've been hitting the PF PT hard the last few days and I'm cautiously optimistic about my feet.  Not going barefoot, wearing my Oofos (wearing them today at work), stretching and massaging ye ole calves, stretching the feet, warming them up before I get out of bed, etc.  So fingers crossed it will just slink away and leave me alone.

The Hub and I have been having movie night on the weekends and some week days, trying to find movies we've never heard of.  We've watched some good ones, as well as come across some stinkers.  Last night we watched "Frailty". Dang . . . Not an uplifting movie at all.

But 2 that are worth watching are "Calvin Marshall" (filmed in Tammy-land - Medford, Ashland, and Central Point, OR) and "Diggers".  Not Emmy material, but we liked 'em.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

coastwalker, you are consistent and I applaud you for your 4.8 RW miles today along with your core and weight workouts.

Karen, nice 5.2 miler in the desert air. Is the air dryer in the desert or?

Leslie great 8 miler on Saturday at elevation no less! I will look up Calvin Marshall and Diggers as DW and I like to catch a new movie every week.

I went out for a 5.56 miler this morning and damn it was cold, 12 F with insane winds!  Colder than in late December and early January. After a month in Mexico this is NOT good. It was a lot warmer here in February than it is now. Oh well, Have a great day Masters.

Air is dry and clean.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

Cold and windy here as well, 20's at night and 30's by day.  Brrrr!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dnaff

Back to wearing my heaviest coat here too.  Windchill was in the high teens or twenties for the first dog walk of the day.  The sun is shining and if I could just stay out of the darn wind it wouldn’t be that bad.

I attended a meeting on bank fraud this afternoon.  That was an eye opener.  I went on behalf of the food pantry and found out as a non-profit entity we have no protection at all.  What it boiled down to is only keep what you can afford to lose in the bank account.  I guess the rest goes in my mattress.

weights, planks, more core stuff, and stretches made up the workout of the day.  I’m ready to relax for the evening.

Mariposai

OrangeMat,  wish she was still posting here. Kudos to her for her BQ.

What a gorgeous weather we had today! 73f. 2 miles walk during lunch.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went 10 miles, today, including 4 x 1.5 mile intervals at around a 7:00 pace.  Then I lifted weights with Zac.

My granddaughter and her team will be playing Tennessee in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.  I wanted to go so bad, but it's just not a good time to be trying to come up with about $1500 to go and watch one game... especially, when I can watch it on TV.  Jenna is having so much fun... she's been shown in a few different videos and was interviewed by a local TV station and she just looks so happy.  I am so happy for her.

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

Congrats grandad Mike!

I'll have to tune that game in now that I have a tenuous connection to it! Tough that's it's against #1 right off the bat.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

I attended a meeting on bank fraud this afternoon.  That was an eye opener.  I went on behalf of the food pantry and found out as a non-profit entity we have no protection at all.  What it boiled down to is only keep what you can afford to lose in the bank account.  I guess the rest goes in my mattress.

If you want an additional eye-opening; watch the first 15 minutes of the movie Bee Keeper. It mirrors your situation almost exactly.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tramps - one of the otherwise goodygoody talk shows broached possible Boeing perfidy with an excerpt from your same Oliver link I liked. thanks again.

dnaff - yep-, that's me with only $500 in the bank account I use for internet purchases but, unfortunately, for the rest, the worst bank in Seattle is safer than any mattress, or anything, anywhere else here.

What it boiled down to is only keep what you can afford to lose in the bank account.  

With unseasonably warm temps getting up towards 70F for the third day in a row, and first time in more than five months, I junked the winter wear again and added to yesterday's UW cherry blossom viewing with going down to the Arboretum where lots of  yellow Scotch Broom and daffodils were added to the mix this afternoon and, with tomorrow staying the same before returning to normal grey and drearly for the rest of the week, after the peace and tranquility of Seattle University's Japanese Tea Garden on way to another Dr. Torture session, go back to the Japanese Garden across the street from the Arboretum (that I was actually headed for today only to find out it's closed on Mondays in March).  Even if rains the rest of the week wash away all the blossoms that can otherwise last up to ten days if the weather cooperates (as it did. I think, in 1965 and 1996), it's been a great enough cherry blossom spring to last all the way until summer, . . . but please, please make summer before August this year.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)