Masters Running

Friday....No Wait! Saturday workouts 12/30/23 (Read 36 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

We are in Green Bay to watch my granddaughter play basketball for a couple of days.  We had to leave early, this morning, and was able to run.  I am 11 miles away from getting 2023 miles for the year.  I had thoughts of getting that but I don’t know if I want to do 11 tomorrow… we’ll see…

We’re renting a house that has an old stereo and some vinyl albums… I’m listening to the Eagles… it sure brings back memories.

Okay—that’s it—gotta go.  See ya!

wildchild

Carolyn

Carolyn - tough call to move from the house that you built in a location that you love, but frankly, my opinion is that it is not just good for your DH, but for you, to be closer to medical facilities as you get older.  One of the perks of where I live is the abundance of medical care, including a hospital that is about one mile from our house.

Dave - I meant to mention before now that with the kids gone we have a spare bedroom, so if you and Cindy need a stopping place for a respite from your long drive, you are absolutely welcome to use us as a stopover.

Stopover - I am offering this invitation to all of you here - please feel free to stop here (Miamisburg, Ohio, just south of Dayton) if you need a break on your journey to wherever.

I have stopped over at Holly's house twice when driving cross-country - once with Ben and once with Kira!  Hope to visit again one of these days!  I've also hosted quite a few RA folks here at my house, and all the visits have been great.  Ben's less willing to have visitors these days because of his immune compromised status, but I'd still love to see folks for a visit or a run if you're out our way!

We're currently about an hour from several hospitals, and we feel that an hour (or less) is a reasonable distance.  So our searches are an hour's radius from the major cancer centers.  Denver is at a mile high, which isn't sea level, but much lower than where we currently live, so it might be good enough.  Not sure yet.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Carolyn - sounds like a fun trip!! Welcome back!!

Holly - glad you had a nice chat with your friend. 

3.1 misty miles in Boston before work

Tomorrow is 12-31-23 cool birthday but I’m still

glad I’m not working!!

denise

C-R

Hey all. Quick drive by post. 

DW DS1 DS2 DN and me watched Notre Dame hockey tonight. A Christmas present I thought would be fun. Having a great day. 

I ran 5.5 with our club this morning and then rode 8+ after. I wanted to hit my cycling goal for the year. 

Well off to a late family dinner. 

Cheers

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

We need to start an RAbnb service for Holly and Carolyn to list their places. 😁

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

evanflein

Hey Deez, I'm glad I'm not working, too!   Different kinda thing though, I get it.

Have done pretty much nothing here today, exercise wise. I guess that's ok. Yesterday was a big day with lots of running around. Today I did vacuum the house so there is that. I'm trying to finish this book I started months ago, and I really want to finish it before year's end. So. That means by tomorrow evening. I still have over 100 pages to go, but if I don't mind just sitting around with the cat, I might be able to do that.

We're getting a lot more snow than I thought we would, which is odd to me because it's been so cold. While it did cloud over a bit, it's still about -6. Should warm up this week though, and I'd like to get someplace flat and plowed to try going for a walk.

Tet, I agree there shouldn't be any national shortage limiting your efforts at pain relief. Try another pharmacy. BTW, DH is considering a knee replacement (hasn't decided which one will go first yet) this spring, and I've been sharing a bit of your experience with him. Hope you get relief soon.

Oh, and you asked about the 2x/day aspirin regimen: I'm supposed to take that for 6 weeks. And I'm still wearing the TED stockings or my compression socks (whichever is cleanest...) for either 3 weeks (per doctor's discharge paperwork) or 6 weeks (per hospital's paperwork). When I called the doctor's office re: the discrepancy, the PA who is managing my case said as long as I'm not having swelling below the knees I can stop the socks at 3 weeks. Hmmm. I haven't had any swelling below the knee at all from day 1, so I guess 3 weeks it is! That's this Wednesday. But the aspirin is for 6 weeks, for sure.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

erika/Holly- thanks. DW went back to the hospital pharmacy where I got the original prescriptions but they only provide to patients or when being discharged. However, along with the 5mg oxycodones that I like because of being able to take them every four hours, I still have most of the 50mg Tramadols I think erika said she used once or twice too that require six hour intervals but both seem to get me through the night with an initial doze and then a midnight-to-2am one when the first wears off to wake me up and I give up thinking I can do a Jay and just work my way back to sleep through it but, so far, can't.

In this regard, since there's no real pain at all during the daytime, maybe the lack of knee movement at night might cause it to get bad enough to wake me up too.  It takes about a half hour to kick in and have the knee pain go away, just enough for me to really appreciate it.  Further, while the two times a night seems sufficient for pain management, it doesn't seem to be enough to make it anywhere close to getting to the "pleasurable" level that could lead to worse but the materials have plenty of warnings about withdrawal symptoms I'll be careful of when, if ever, I can be like Jay and grin and bear my way through it.

Jay - I doubt it but, since it's still waking you up some eight weeks later, was there a time early on where it was worse enough to warrant PK'ers to get back to sleep,.

BTW, DH is considering a knee replacement (hasn't decided which one will go first yet) this spring, and I've been sharing a bit of your experience with him. Hope you get relief soon.

erika - maybe if DH's's from old soccer injuries instead of mostly osteoarthritis, it might not be so bad but, otherwise, maybe grin and bear it as much as possible until the winter blahs next fall when the call of the outdoors is not as strong to frustrate recovery rest.

Wildchild - while most any place along the coastal sea level in California is close enough for day trips to the spectacular Sierra Nevadas, there's usually a lot of associated rain so good luck on Dever's one mile high.  What elevation are you at now? 

deezie - happy 123123 birthday.

1:23 pm or am?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Y’all are welcome here in Franklin, Tennessee, too!

Holly- I’m glad you got to talk to your friend.  Every day might wear on you, but several times a week should be a big comfort to her.

Carolyn- glad your trip to CA went well and that you still got to have Christmas with your family.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

nothin' yet again. I have been "streaking" doing 3x10 pushups a day and 50 crunches. Not much, but not nuthin'. Oh...

Tet, the Minimus I have aren't really "shoes", they're more like socks with rubber on the bottom, thin rubber.

A Review of the New Balance HI-REZ | Reviews | Toe Salad

I know one thing that prevents me from believing most conspiracy theories: Human Nature. We just can't keep our mouths shut, especially if more than 3-4 people are "conspiring". Someone somewhere is going to say something sometime, and through that layer of four somes, it's no longer a secret. And a lot of people prize fame over fortune, so if they can blow the whistle, they will. Armed with that logic and nothing else, I'm pretty sure there isn't a secret cure for cancer, nor a 500mpg carburetor.

Speaking of "what's going around", the girl has CV19. We don't, yet. And a former neighbor died with RSV this week. He never took care of himself, was close to 70, so it's no big surprise. A shame, but not unexpected.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying