Masters Running

Sundaily 11.12.23 (Read 37 times)

I am aware it was snowing like crazy this morning but almost all the snow is gone, the sun is shining bright and it is 45 F here at the moment. They are predicting a very warm week this week (for the month of November). We'll see how that goes...

wildchild

Carolyn

RCG, your fall colors sound lovely!  Too bad about the loud phone lady, though.

We have a different kind of lovely weather, mid 40s with blue sky and sunshine, and snow on the ground.  I ran 7.5 miles in screw shoes on the plowed dirt roads.  The snow takes a while to melt here even though it's above freezing.  I just love the deep blue Colorado sky.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

WildChild, I believe we all find the beauty in the places we live. I like reading about all the different places represented here. When we visited our friend in Boulder, we noticed the sky is a different blue than here.

Sub7, I checked your weather, looks like snow on Thursday. Don't slip in the slosh.

And. Sub. I ordered this book as soon as I read this

(Hoping you can open this WAPO link, I sent it as a "gift" article. I get to share up to 10 articles per month)

I opened it read the article and will order the book ASAP. Funny thing Rush. The first time I saw them was at the Convention Center opening up for Rare Earth, they had Mike Rutsey on drums for the first album. He was NO Neal Peart by any stretch. We played 3 or 4 songs from their first album cause it was straight ahead rock and we were young so that's what we liked,lol. Damn I'm looking at the forecast at the moment, high of 5 C Monday, 8 C Tuesday, 6 C Wednesday, 5 C Thursday, 6 C Friday, 7 C Saturday and 8 C Sunday. I don't see any snow... til Monday, lol.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

I figured you could relate to the article. When I was 14, I  worked the concession stand at our local Swim and Tennis club back in the summer of 1977.  All the boys would play "Fly By Night" on the juke box every afternoon. I was in heaven. And now, Neal Peart is. "If there's a Rock and Roll heaven. You know they have a helluva band"

From your lips to God's ears...

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Greeting all!

2.1 miles around Breakheart.  Maggie, DS, and I went trails and pavement.  I thnk I told it a while back, but I stirred DS to the '30 jalopy on the supposedly ski slope.  It WAS a rope tow, and I got to tell it (sort of  Wink to a couple of German tourists.  it was 42 at 2:00--very nice weather.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, I hope you like that belt. I had considered the Flipbelt, but one of my requirements is to have the zipper on the top (easier access so I don't have to stop quite so much), and it looks like the Flipbelt zipper is in the middle.

I do have a Flipbelt, and you are right - I dislike the zipper being in the center.  Also, this particular belt is not big enough for my phone.

{{{Denise}}}

Lots of cooking and errands and household puttering for me today.

45 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

What’s with all the anti ketchup folks?  I agree it would be horrible on a run but what do you all put on French fries?

Hot sauce or vinegar otherwise just plain salted fries!!

I have the original flip belt with no zipper which I like better than the one with the zipper actually - a friend of mine just bought flip belt shorts and loves them but they are a little pricey

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Stumps! - rope tow!

We even had aluminum grippers

around our waists for the ones

at our local ski area.

ps - "Do NOT whip the rope!:"

Holly or someone else - PM if you'd could useb a 4"x7.5" pouch, dark aquamarine one with 3.5" wide velcro key pouch on the left side and 4":wide water bottle holder on the right side  Zipper is 3/4" down from the top.  Caveat: with advertiser's name embossed

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I am a ketchup only hamburger and hot dog person.  Of course ketchup on fries!   Big NO on ketchup as a running fuel- or by itself in any way!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

SteveP

Hugs. Leslie. One day at a time.

Geeze Deez - That fall sounds horrendous.

Holly - How did the concoction turnout?

I got 3.1 miles Friday.

I did a volunteer gig at Church after work.

Saturday, I replaced our front door while DW had Owen (5) and Magnolia (3).

Sunday, I cleaned up around the house while DW spent time with her mom.  Then we went to see "Journey to Bethlehem".   It was cute.

SteveP