Masters Running

Thursdaily, 12.14.23 (Read 40 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Jeanne - that's what I would have probably thought too pretending to be super macho all the time except that the last week of pain and discomfort that's now so much over I hardly remember it, if at all, was just a little sample, if that, of what high school friends went through in VN, if they even survived, my dad in the Aleutians, a grand uncle in France and so many here at home in their everyday lives, my mother's cancer along with those in here have more than put me in my place and, though, after taking off the uber outer tight and constricting gauze roll, I sure didn't want to do more for a while, DW made sure I did so I just grit my teeth and got it over with.

Although I've been wrong before, <<<(ed note: if not almost all of the time)>>>, it helped that i was believing that this'd be the last need for any painkillers anymore too and, sure enough, voila!, I'm already wondering what I was complaining about anyway. Thanks.

Tet - how brave to take that dressing off. Were you biting on a towel while you did it?!

Jeanne - especially after $52/two pounds, I was shocked at the price adjustment of only $0.50 instead of, at least,  up to $3.00 or more. Maybe take it completely off the shelves for a couple of months and come back at $5.00.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

dnaff

Tet, Jay, and Erika all on the mend.  That is what I call good news!

strange items missing at the grocery store- regular jello (but there were all kinds of sugar free)  cottage cheese was also missing in action as was decaf coffee.  No mascarpone cheese either and that is always in stock during the holidays.   I don’t typically have jello and cottage cheese on my list but had to make a salad for church.  So I don’t really know how long the supply chain has been messed up on these items.  I suppose the truckers are more busy with holiday gifts and maybe the groceries will straighten out later.

Long dog walk in the timber today.  She was pulling me, usually it’s the other way around.  When my neighbor got home from work she took her dog for a run and let me tag along the first half mile.  Kind of fun but I know I was holding them back.  The weather takes a turn tomorrow so I’m glad I got out a couple times today.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Very good report on Erika!!

I think I'm on Tramp's side, too.  Of course, being newly retired, I resist and still do my not too bad salary on shoppping 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Erika - so glad your surgery went well and you are out of the hospital!! Now on to a strong recovery!!
          Tet - sounds like you are on the mend!!

Jay - I don't understand how there was such a huge miscommunication!! Ortho nurses are usually very detailed oriented (as are most of us nurses) and there should have been a 1 or 2 week follow-up even if it was just tele-health. Also, I am surprised the PT didn't question it when you first started and said you were non-weight bearing - don't they see a lot of post-op patients like you?

Holly - I think prices around the country vary so much it's hard to compare. I almost croaked when Leslie said they are just finally getting under $5/gallon for gas. We have never been that high and Boston/suburbs is a pretty expensive place to live. We are finally getting under $3/gallon in some places. As far as Christmas spending - we will tend to do the same as in the past and never really go overboard with gifts. DH and I don't even exchange anymore since we just get what we want/need ourselves.

Jeanne - $52 for 2lbs chocolate does seem a bit crazy - but then again, the chocoholic in me could find a way to justify it 

C-R - I love getting in a live class when I can fit it in my schedule!! I did a live Denis Morton ride for my 500th and had a shoutout at the end - so cool!!I actually might do a 30minute live strength class tomorrow morning at 7:30 just to make myself do more strength!!

What's your leaderboard name? I'm OneStrongNonna

I did a 45 min PZ endurance ride this morning and some stretching. Church, prayer group breakfast, haircut and a little shopping.

Tomorrow will likely be the same. My knee has the occasional twinge here and there, but nothing like when I am running (which I haven't done since Sunday) and get that sharp knife-like pinch followed by the knee buckling. Monday can't come soon enough.

denise

Henrun

Erika-good news. Glad to hear all went well.

Tet- you’re on the way to recovery. Soon you’ll be a lot faster than me.

Jay- I agree with Deeze. It should have been picked up a lot sooner.

We’re in Brooklyn and NYC for 4 days seeing family and the lights and decorations of the Big Apple. The main exercise today was 6 flights of steps as we subways here after getting off the train and a short walk tonight.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet- you’re on the way to recovery. Soon you’ll be a lot faster than me.

. . . lights and decorations of the Big Apple.

Henry - will be doing everything by to book in case I'll be able join you and marj maybe on one or part of one of the five Olmsted Walks being promoted in various local parks.

In the meantime, any pics of our favorite running couple in New York's more colorful lights than we have in Seattle?.

Thanks.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Jay - here's hoping to no more screw ups.

But here I am in the basement writing some code to compute a penalty copay on people who don't sign up for their company's high cost drug program. Sorry about that folks.....  

Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do.  No one says you have to like it.

Our household wages have not kept up with inflation.  So far, our Christmas budget has been about the same as previous years.  However, the cost of the reindeer food we've been handing out has nearly doubled over the last two years.  Sometimes it is difficult to look at the big picture.  I do apply myself not to buy on-line unless that is the only alternative.  Then I have "ship to store".  Our grocery budget is trickling back down.  It really did pain me to buy a truck when I did.  Of course, shortly thereafter, prices started coming back in line.  I was saddened when a local made in America clothing store closed.

Bless ya Erika!  Stay strong and kick a$$ like you always do.  Thank you for the update.

Tetsujin209 - I'm glad for your progress.  One step at a time. I'm glad you grit your teeth and got it over with.

I didn't want to get in a somewhat political/economical discussion with Tramps. He knows 5000 times more than me (and he isn't the only one here who knows more than me) and I just end up looking foolish.    It's better if I just keep my head down and post comic strips and my workout activities.

Your opinion is important. There is a time and a place for everything.

Love your sproinky pace Doug.

Henrun - Enjoy NYC.

I got PT in and that was enough.

My bosses boss complemented my results in the "take names and kick butt' project that was due Thursday, but pushed to Tuesday but was completed Wednesday.  He told his boss.  I'm thinking "well, it's a little late in the career for these people to have a wakeup call.

SteveP