Masters Running

Sunday freezing Sunday 1.14.24 (Read 37 times)

It just started snowing here in Franklin, TN!  We get excited about this, although it is really cold.  The grocery stores have been emptied of all essentials- bread and milk, especially.  I took Robert Earl for a short walk.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Henrun

Not that bitter cold but in the high 30’s and sunny. Had our annual Hanukkah family party in NH (we usually do it in January- a month after the holiday so we can get everyone together). The adults chatted while the kids played games, lit candles and feasted on latkes and a wonderful lunch and went for a .75 mile walk to the local river.

Marj will post photos.

mrrun

GD1, GS, ?, ?, GD2, GD3

Marathon Maniac #957

Henry and Marj - love it!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

for Long Run Sunday I did 3.3 miles. About 350' of  climbing. 100' per mile seems to be the average on these side-hill streets. I got started later, when the Sun was already peeking over Hualalai, but we're having a cold snap; it was in the 70's the whole time. My PF seems to hold off with these short runs and days off between, when I get back to CA in a week or so I should be able to resume daily short runs.

Went for a Sunday drive, and while parked waiting for some thrift store to open we saw a whale breaching several times off Oneo Bay. Kind of impressive because we were around 2 miles away up the hill and the whale STILL looked huge, twice the size of the boats out there.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

mrrun

for Long Run Sunday I did 3.3 miles. About 350' of  climbing. 100' per mile seems to be the average on these side-hill streets. I got started later, when the Sun was already peeking over Hualalai, but we're having a cold snap; it was in the 70's the whole time. My PF seems to hold off with these short runs and days off between, when I get back to CA in a week or so I should be able to resume daily short runs.

Surly Bill - when are you leaving Kona?  We're arriving on the 22nd.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I ran 6 miles before church.  I wimped out, though, and did it on the treadmill.  It was 8 below with a 13 mph wind... I just didn't feel like dealing with it.

I lifted weights with Zac after church, then spent the rest of the day taking down the rest of the indoor Christmas decorations.

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

Love the picture, Henry!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

evanflein

Great picture, Marj and Henry! I didn't realize you had so many GK's.

Hang in there, my chilly, frozen friends!! I must say, I always get a *bit* of a chuckle out of it. But hey, we're above zero today for the first time in over a week, but we got about 5" of snow and it's still coming down. Fear not though, by mid-week the sun will be back and our highs will be in the -10 to -20 range again. Lovely. At least usually when it's cold and sunny it's not windy, although it's been windier this winter than most.

Got a kick out of Mike E getting dog poop on his mitts. Oops. Hey, it happens!

16.5 miles on the bike this afternoon for a weekly total of 101.7 miles. Feels like it's been forever since I did 100 miles in a week!

Surly Bill - when are you leaving Kona?  We're arriving on the 22nd.

I'm leaving on the 20th

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

SteveP

Tetsujin209 - I hope your treadmill test drive is rewarding.

Steve - are you there?

BTY - I love that you're in a position to be there for your mom.

Quickadder killed it on the mill!

Dave59 - are you checking the Snowman Cam?

Holly -Sorry about the email woes.

Love the Mrrun and Henrun picture!

Surly Bill - Cool whale sighting.  I hope the PF comes back into check.

Erika cracked 100 miles.

I got 1.7 miles behind the snow slower Saturday with only 80% of the drive finished. Some spots were knee deep. The wind was from the East, and I sent as much snow as possible to the West. We had 3-year-old Magnolia.  She was joined by 5-year-old Owen.  Later 9-year-old Norah joined us.

I put a pork roast and corned beef on the smoker for over six hours and has to finish in the oven.

The wind settled down for a bit as it was changing directions.  We got sleds out and I pulled kids around the driveway.  I tried to pull them down the trail and then thought better of it.

They spent a lot of time sledding down one on the snowbanks I made.  Then I had to take turns dropping them into the fresh powder.

After dinner, it was movie time.

I did the entire driveway after Church on Sunday.  1.4 miles and 100% done as the snow was not nearly as dense as it was the day before.

The wind was out of the west, and it got piled on the other side of the driveway.  I made chicken noodle soup, and we finally took down our Christmas decorations.  DW wanted to leave them up because she likes the lights.  Leave them up!  However, the tress was starting to drop needles.

SteveP

Henrun

Great picture, Marj and Henry! I didn't realize you had so many GK's.

There are 2 more in their 20’s and not local.

Marathon Maniac #957

Love it!

Had our annual Hanukkah family party in NH (we usually do it in January- a month after the holiday so we can get everyone together). The adults chatted while the kids played games, lit candles and feasted on latkes and a wonderful lunch and went for a .75 mile walk to the local river.

Marj will post photos.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."