Masters Running

Saturday, March 9 running around (Read 34 times)

Mariposai, Fantastic! What a wonderful trip.

3.3 mile walk in the neighbourhood. I *thought* the wind and rain was over, but it came back. My jeans and shoes got drenched in a sudden downpour with thunder and hail.

I had the most awesome 40 minute nap before my walk. Didn't get to sleep until 1:30 am last night (I hear ya Leslie and Holly re the insomnia - it comes and goes), so I was a bit short on zzzs.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Lots of good racing at the college indoor championships. What did I ever do before YouTube

Dave  -me too but, without a  program guide, do you have to know what racing championships are going on and then search YouTube for them kind of like being on Beyonce's FB page, and every other singer individually, to get notified of their new songs? I think because I listen to Leslie's signature ultra links, I get interesting trail links every once in a while but I had no idea of the cougar incident enke mentioned.

enke - after some eventful Chinatowning we got the brunt of the squall with hail you had that was blowing over and upending garbage cans and even dumpsters in the one block from the bus stop where you let me off at after the henrun/marj festivities to the sun already trying to peak through the window by the time we got upstairs.

Deezie - our first private line was 432.

BTY - ever try Spam toppings on those gourmet pizzas?

Dave -  with all the churches in the blast zone, hilly Nagasaki is very moving too.

However, not many people go there but, for the "kasutera" Portuguese castella sponge/pound cakes they've been making since the 16th century, it's so enough worth it that DW and i took a special side trip there during a trip to the southern most terminus of the Shinkansen Bullet Train (on on epic, if not somewhat gimmicky, ride all the way back from Hakodate) to get some of the souvenir gifts from where you go that are expected in Japan whenever you go anywhere..

I hope mariposai gets enough of a good sleep on the way back so tomorrow morning might have another pictorial installment of their Japan adventure. Otherwise, anytime is okay, . . . as long as they never run out of pics.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Holy Moly, it looks like Mariposai had a wonderful time.  Thank you for sharing the experience.

BTY - Good for you in regard to Seasonal Decor.  TBH: It would seem to be quite a hardship for your DW to keep making back of forth trips between households.  Especially now that there are grandchildren in the mix.  I talked with a former boss Saturday afternoon.  I was sad for him that his eldest daughter lives 1,500 miles away.

Jay - Good luck with the 5K and the funding!

KSA is in it for the long run.

Welcome home Mrrun!

Tramps -Hockey would be more interesting if the players were using a huge Oreo instead of a puck.

Steve - I don't know how many miles away you took Mr. Squirrel or how many mountain ranges, rivers and lakes to cross to get back but, based on my similar transplantings, good luck anyway, 

It's withing walking distance.  3.9 miles.

Tesujin209 - Thank you for your insight.

Dnaff - Enjoy your trip.

Dve59 - Hopefully, the rain did not dampen your spirits.

I'm not a country music fan but have taken DW to numerous (for us) country music concerts.  She still gives me heck about the Stay Cats concert we went to.

Holly - Sorry to head DH still has Covid issues.

A title for a Country Music song could be "Deeze 4 Bouncy Miles".

Enkephalin - Getting drenched during a run used to not be a big deal. It does not sound appealing anymore.

DW and I took the dogs out on snow covered trails.  Then we had to cover shifts at a builder's trade show.  To me, it's like a reunion where we also do a meet and greet with potential customers.  A lot of salespeople don't like it because it ties up a weekend day and they are paid on commission.  Over 90% of the people we talk to, we will not see again.  If your brand is not out there, people will forget about you.  A small group of us vendor reps were discussing which mutual customers we have. One fella kept asking where he had seen me before.  I eventually told him I used to be a stripper.  I head a familiar "I don't know you" from DW as she walked away quicky. After we were leaving for the evening, it dawned on me that the dude and I may have known each other through Habitat for Humanity.

SteveP