Masters Running

Sundilly 1.21.24 (Read 40 times)

Born in 1911 and died in 1965 he would have only been 54yo. I suspect a typo, but don't know which figure is incorrect.

It's one Senior Moment or typo after another. 114 years ago in 1910, died at 65 in 1975. Whew!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

moebo

Love that poster, Surly.!

Jay, sorry to hear about your Covid.

Sounds like a fun RA meet-up yesterday!

I did most of my runs this week on the TM and was surprised to find I didn't hate it nearly as much as I thought I would! In fact, I kind of enjoyed being able to watch TV (mostly The Crown) or listen to podcasts (mostly Heavweight) instead of keeping my eyes peeled for icy spots.

But this morning I was also happy to finally get outside for 7.2 miles, despite temps in the teens and a gusty wind.

After lunch, my SO and I took advantage of the sunshine and went for a 3-mile walk to the beach.

Unfortunately the ice hasn't melted, so I think tomorrow will be another TM morning.

Editing to say: so sorry about the hamstring, Leslie!

dnaff

Tet, I’m envious of your fun meet up yesterday.

I’m so tired of this cold.  We went all the way up to 4 degrees today.  Above zero.  So I should stop complaining.  And I don’t have Karen’s ice so I should be thankful of that as well. 

I rolled out my yoga mat in front of the Lions game and actually had a good workout.  Not yoga - body weight exercises, balance work, and stretching.  I had a rough night of sleeping so I intended to take it easy.  I was able to do way more than I expected.

Leftover lasagna to heat up and football to watch.  

evanflein

It was -10° here this morning so I was glad to not have anywhere to go today! Just wrapped up 16.3 miles on the bike, almost done with my book. We're in for a cold week this week, but it's nothing like the cold snaps we used to get.

Jay, sorry to hear about the COVID, but not surprised. And apparently this latest wave is slow to show up on tests, so many people are testing, showing negative and thinking it's just a cold. Nope, it's probably COVID.

Sounds like a super fun meet up in Seattle! And Tet might be just a little star-struck, but it's well deserved. Henry and Marj are a class act and a fun couple. Can't wait for pictures!

Leslie, so sorry to hear of the misstep. Dagnabbit! You of all people really deserve a break! Belated birthday greetings to Shorty.

BTY, you make a good argument for not sharing the lane like that. And like tomwhite, I had more than my share of lane sharing while pool running, even just using the deeper 2/3 of the pool. Most swimmers were fine, but there were a couple with flailing arms or just excessive splashing that I just dreaded being in the same pool with them, much less the lane.

Hang in there, friends! Most of you will warm up this week, while we go deeper into the deep freeze. We'll get a brief reprieve mid-week with the trip to Anchorage for my 6 week follow up (6 weeks, already!!), but it's usually pretty gross in Anchorage too. Oh well.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

That really does stink, Leslie.  I'm sorry.  I know how I felt when I fell and injured my ribs... I can imagine how you feel... and, yes, it does seem like it happens to you more than most.

I'm so glad tet got to meet Henry and Marj.  Enke--had you ever met them before?

I ran 6 miles before church, went and donated plasma after church, then lifted weights with Zac.

Speaking of donating plasma and lifting weights.  I think I told you all how I've been using the money from donating to buy lifting equipment.  here is what I have gotten over the last couple of years...

No photo description available.

May be an image of 3 people

No photo description available.

Okay--gotta go eat and watch some football.  I'm very happy for the Detroit fans. See ya!

Color me very, very jealous of your gym, Mike!  Very impressive!!

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike - I want to work out with you in that gym!!
                Hope the RA meet-up was great - pics please!!
                Jay - sorry you and DW have been stricken with the damn Covid again - messes up so many plans!! Flu A has been rearing it's ugly head at work quite a bit as well!!

Yesterday - did a 30 min strength class and 30 min bike class then some stretching before picking up the grands!!
                We had Maria and Nina for just over a 24 hour stretch and it was wonderful!!! Nothing better than playing games and cuddling with my girls!!

Today last meeting before our retreat begins on Thursday. One of my closest friends - the one who lives 2 houses up - is having horrible back spasms and pain and might not be able to be with us on retreat - so sad for her and us!! Went to mass after the meeting and am just so glad to be back inside for the night. I really am sick of this single digit and below 20degree weather!! Fortunately it should warm up after another day!!

I really need an outside run!!

Waiting for the next online dress to show up so I can see if it is a decent choice for the SS gala or another laughable option.

Happy Sunday friends!! Yay to a 2 day work week for me this week!!!!!

denise

Wow, Mike!  Nice!     Leslie- I hope it settles down and isn't as bad as you fear.

Deez- where is your retreat?  Ours is Feb 2-4.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

So proof the meetup actually occurred, between some legends of the forum. Tet was walking well on his new knee. So glad he was improved in time post surgery to attend!

Henry and Tetsujin:

Me, MBE, Marj, Henry, Tetsujin. Nice view of Lake Union and some boats in the background.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Dave59

Great pictures!

evanflein

Wonderful! Looks like a fun time! Where'd you meet up?

That's an impressive set up, Mike. Nice to have that much room to dedicate to it!

Wonderful!  Great to “see” y’all!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Great pics!! I'm sure you all had a wonderful time together!!

KSA - our retreat is local at a retreat house in Billerica which is the next town over from our church. It's called St Thecla's, The Daughters of St Paul. Can't wait to be away Thurs-Sunday with faith filled women.

denise

We went to Duke's (seafood). Marj and Henry brought sun to Seattle for the day, literally and figuratively.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Marj and Henry brought sun to Seattle for the day, literally and figuratively.

Karen - that's for sure.

thanks thanks thanks

Henry and Tetsujin:

101 years of running and having fun

staying as healthy as possible

(three new knees too only known to TSA)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)