Masters Running

February 2024 Masters Miles (Read 27 times)

pfriese

Thanks Joe.

Here's what I have:

February running: 159.3 miles

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Thanks for the wonderful introduction to February's mileage sharing thread!  Joe!  Haha!  I love February!  March is the month I always suffer through!  March is a cruel master. Cold or hot?  March keeps one guessing!

And. I love Leap Day!  I was a labor and delivery RN for my short 15 years as a hospital nurse. My favorite shift was one Leap Day. (I usually worked nights but had been called in to work days that particular 29 February)

We had 4 babies that day (3 on my shift! We were a smallish community hospital so this was a lot of babies for a shift)  I just thought it was cool.

OH! February Miles!  Here are mine:

53.3  miles!

Thanks, Joe!

Quickadder

February - Just 59 miles - at least it is a prime.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Upcoming race: Four on the 4th 7/4/24 maybe.

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks Joe!  I better add my miles before they don’t count.

FEB: 198

2024: 378

I got sick in the last few days of the month and was a little annoyed that I didn’t get over 200.  Hopefully, I won’t miss any more before my marathon in May.

Okay—that’s it—see ya next month!

Joe618

LAST CALL FOR FEBRUARY MILES!!!

Note I used all caps...to yell...sort of, anyway. 

Still missing a few regulars....post your Feb miles below!!!!!

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Joe618

So, that's a wrap on February Running! 

We had 16 checkins and of those 7 were prime!!  That's a 44% hit rate!!   Very solid!

The coveted Magnificent Median Award is shared this month by Opie and centexrunner.   The TV stations in your cities have been notified...prepare for crews to show up expecting interviews within the hour :-)

We're moving ahead through 2024, folks!!  Keep rolling!!!

<colgroup><col width="100" /><col width="43" /><col width="54" /><col width="493" /></colgroup>
              Name Miles Prime? Summary
              MikeE 198   Just shy of 200 in a short month...impressive
              RunnerKSA 175   Collecting miles and shoes...grateful for retirement and brief travels to warmth
              pfriese 159   Back to typical pfriese mileage
              coastwalker 149 ! With an unusual-distance 2.5K race. Glad to see more sun
              milktruck 137 ! Coming back...ran a cold 10 mile race with even splits
              wildchild 103 ! Hit HM goal for month, plus parental care-giving.
              TammyinGP 100   Wins the "Roundest Number" Prize. Just the oomph to get to the century mark
              centexrunner 80   With a 10K race...adjusting to foot issues.
              Opie 75   A 5 mile race in Las Cruces and alternating between two injury sites....
              deez4boyz 71 ! St. Croix as well in Feb...always sounds like a good idea....
              fatozzig 59   Celebrated a birthday and ramping up miles
              Quickadder 59 ! Pumped to be Prime, at least
              RCG 53 ! Loves Leap Day and delivering Leap babies every four years!
              Joe618 45   Ankle/foot pain continues, sadly
              evanflein 29 ! Plus 544 on the bike...best walking total since August...good to see daylight
              BTY     39,500 yards swimming. Adding more strength training

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

TammyinGP

Thank you Joe! Great summary, per usual!

Tammy