Masters Running

Humpdaily, 3.13.24 (Read 38 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Holly - oh, I get it. Is the ceremony going to be inconvenient, distance or something from the judge? Don't ask me how I know or if it had anything to do with immigration/visas, etc. but this US/Jpn couple got married in Japan in June and then the ceremony in December over here.

Leslie - glad you can see Karen later this month. Portland? Maybe, like Seattle, the cherry blossoms, especially at the Japanese Garden, might still be hanging on.  Even with the cherry blossom crowds, with no dogs, joggers, etc and nothing but slowly walking around taking in so much nature within its boundaries, it's probably ripe with the "tranquility" and "peace" I like about the one here in Seattle/

ps - though I didn't know who at the time, I guess Karen was in the crowd of well-wishers as Kate finished her MM qualifier just ahead of me in the Christmas Marathon, I think, down by Olympia. However, Steve specifically mentioned her last.

I’m not much for soaking in the tub . . ..

dnaff - that's probably because you've never soaked in the naturally different kinds, quantities, mixes, etc. of minerals in all the hot springs in Japan for every ailment under the sun, every celebration you can imagine, etc. depending on volcanic source type, substrates, etc.  Good luck.

Dave - sorry that your 79-day project from H just got a three month extension that should pretty much ruin the summer, or  maybe, by adding extra time, not. Good luck.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

3 mile walk. Finally nice out....instead of high winds and rain, calm and sunny!

MBE's daughter got married by a JOP about a year before the real wedding. It was to get a larger living expense allowance (military).

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mariposai

3 miles run during lunch break.

DS#1 and my lovely daughter-in love got married by civil wedding in Geneva 6 months before their official weddings so that they can be allowed to enter each other's country as spouses through the pandemic.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Thank You For Getting Us Started Jay.

Dave59 - Nice walking break.

I did the PT thing, work then a Knights of Columbus meeting.

SteveP