Masters Running

Wednesday's child is full of Whoa! 17 January 2024 (Read 37 times)

Speaking of salads... one of my recent favorite lunch options is the Market salad from Chick Fil A. It is literally the closest lunch carry out to my home (about a mile away), and you can't eat nuggets and mac and cheese every time you go there, right? This is only strange for me to say because I generally stay away from salads 

I've never been to a Chick Fil A mainly because of the huge backup of cars that's always there, or at least at the one in my area.  I'd at least like to see what all the hype is about.

Deeze, many (most?) watches count steps based on your arm motions, such as swinging them when you walk or run. So if you're holding or pushing something it doesn't pick them up. I tried getting a step count while mowing the lawn and it didn't record anything. Using the snow shovel would be similar.

My only memory of Nashville food was the "Meat and three" diners.

BTY, I am anything but an "experienced swimmer". I'm just trying to have another form of exercise that works some different muscles. My goggles don't have an adjustable nose strap but I imagine I'll catch on to how to get them to work well enough.

My knee is still hurting. I rode 18 miles on the trainer with no complaint from my knee while riding but it seems to be a bit more sore this evening. It's unusual for any knee pain that I have had to last more than a couple days.

Tet, have you ever heard of Lake Kasumigaura?

That's where my 18-mile bike ride took me this morning. Those chevrons on the road as used to mark that bike lanes both on the roads and on the paved pathways. It would be an easy way to follow a route! Also, with all the smartphones around, we're all always on Candid Camera!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks.  Still alive, just stupid busy at work right now. I'll check in tomorrow morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good to "see" you, Holly.     Doug- Chik FilA is famous for their system of moving people through the line.  People said they should be in charge of the COVID shot lines that formed with the first vaccine.

Nashville has become a top "food" destination with many fine restaurants.  We don't generally go to those kind of restaurants now that I don't have business dinners etc, but it's quite the dining scene now.  The thing we are missing, at least anywhere near me, is really good Chinese and really good Italian.  Mexican we can get our fix, but Chinese is quite sub-par.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

anneb

We complain all the time about lack of Chinese food. When I lived in the dense, popular neighborhoods there were good options. But the near north suburban area is seriously lacking. 

Yes, chick fil a drive through gets a ton of traffic but generally moves quickly. It’s another place Mia likes (yes just the drive through) because the people working are always super and she thinks they’re her friends 😆

Anne

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I got in 9 miles, including 6 miles at tempo pace... all on the treadmill.  My new tempo pace is 7:26, which will get me a 3:15 marathon.  I'm just tired of beating myself up trying to hit the 3 hour mark.  It's supposed to warm up tomorrow so I can get back outside.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

roachrunner three words, Nashville hot chicken. Everyone else, if you have never read the story as to how the Nashville hot chicken sandwich came to be it is hysterical! See https://www.mashed.com/468364/the-surprising-origin-story-of-nashville-hot-chicken/

I am a zombie today. We finally arrived home at 2am. I had trouble getting to sleep and only managed to pass out at 4am. It has been a tough day. My plan to run 5 miles was tossed out the window. Or would have been, had the windows not been frozen shut. (How many days to spring?) I am about to head to bed for the night. I sure hope I wake up in better shape tomorrow than I am in now.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Enke - I'll go back and look for the passages and see how to get it posted in here.

45 min of core/ST after work, plus dragged my weighted sled around in the alley for the first time in a number of months.  Needless to say, I didn't drag it very far for very long.   Also used my Kettle Gryps for the first time.  I like 'em!  They're definitely going to make my strength routine more versatile.

I'm really ready for this week - this month! - to be over.  We've been integrating a lot of changes to our dept at work and it's been a ton of administrative work on my and my attorney's part and meetings and meetings and more meetings and training a new person.  My brain is done! Calgon! Take me away!! 

Maybe we can all go visit Surly in Hawaii . . . 

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

Jay takes the crown as snow blowing royalty.

Deez - I can get over a mile and a half behind a snow blower an have 1000 steps.  Grrrr.

I wonder how papaya wood is for smoking meats.

If I were to get into a pool at this point, I fear that Sea World would be after me.

Hiya Holly!

Sorry for the rough travels TwoCat.

I had a rest day.

SteveP

SteveP

Interesting.  My add feed for another site has offerings of Chinese food.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Interesting.  My add feed for another site has offerings of Chinese food.

I'm reading this from home, but I bet my ad feed at work will mention Chinese food now...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."