Masters Running

Now I'm 64 Saturday (Read 37 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Birthday, Denise!

Erika - get out, while the gettin's good!  I have never heard of a state-run nursing home.  Hmmm.  They do such a good job of running everything ELSE, right?   

3 miles for me today in about 48 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

What's your upcoming marathon?

The Shiprock Marathon on May 4th.

Nice 16 miler, Mike, except for the sore calf. I wonder if you need to relook at your marathon training program and perhaps make some adjustments so you don't get clobbered as you get close to your races?

That's why I changed from the 3 hour training plan to the 3:15 training plan... I guess I need to readjust....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

erika - Pioneers Home....swoooon.

Dad used to go over to Sitka to visit his uncle in the 50's and I spent some time during a triathlon over there trying to find the overgrown gravesite but never did. Same as GGF's that we think has been under an urban development for more than 60 years.  At least they won't lose me as I'm not having one.  Never got up to FBKS for a G-uncle's though.

In the 90's, the new local one we had right along the side of a shallow channel with 20' tides to watch had so many of our teachers that you could hardly get up to the reception desk to visit one of our G-aunts, uncles or friends without running into one or the other of them.  Good luck. I'm sure your parents will be welcome shoe-ins as soon as they decide to.

ps - state operated for sure but, of dozens of residents I've visited in 'em, I never heard a bad word but lots about it being one of the good things about getting old with old and new old friends.

pps - I guess I'll have to take by bike over to the Quad tomorrow. Just don't tell any of my teachers.

Surly - maybe you remember I may have inadvertently chastised Costco for already having Christmas decorations up on June 30 a couple of years ago?  I guess I spoke too soon as Seattle's Metro buses haYborve Costco beat by more than three months with placards already up for about a week for the Children's Museum's annual light show

"A Very Electric Christmas

"December 15 - December 31"

ps erika - I hope not but surly might also remember i used to mix him up

with surely same as petal/pedal but, I think, that's the only other time.

Thanks.

pps Mike: unless you need the Shiprock

for another state's sub-3, maybe switch

to a fallie.  Otherwise, definitely over training.

ppps Roch / Twocat -

(bio / quick / falcon /

et al MIA'ers)

hope you're okay as winter

is finally over and you can

say anything you want

about it.

(just don't ask me how my knee is)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Erika - get out, while the gettin's good!  I have never heard of a state-run nursing home.  Hmmm.  They do such a good job of running everything ELSE, right?   

Actually, the Pioneers' Home nursing homes are really good, and the one in Sitka is one of the highest rated in the country. Of course, it's hard to compare apples to apples because there aren't many state run nursing homes in the country. This is something established by our state constitution, and has been a highly desired residence for elderly needing assistance for decades. My dad just sees it as some sort of giving up, or failure or something. But there's no denying mom needs help.

Got out for a 3.2 mile walk this afternoon, nice enough at low 40's but the breeze gave me an earache. Tomorrow we go to Riley's for brunch. I figured he's messed up our house enough lately, time to go play over there.

SteveP

Cripes.. I typed out Friday's reply and didn't post.

Deez4Boyz - I hope your day was fabulous.

Jumping Jack 17!!!

(((((Erika)))))  Have fun with Riley!

Jay - Sorry to hear about the fallen trees.  I'm happy for you on the 15K.

Carolyn - Love your birthday shout outs.

I spent Saturday replacing the rear rotors and brakes on the truck.  I did not use any profanity.  That has me worried.

SteveP