Masters Running

Thursdaily, 4.18.24 (Read 37 times)

Yes.  They said no problem with running.  No weight lifting.  It's just a few stitches and nothing orthopedic as far as what you could screw up if you fell or something.  It's more important not to get it wet in the shower or anything.  I just did 2 easy jog miles on the treadmill.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

bioguy

Ran 4 today after having spent all day in a retirement info seminar. A bit like drinking from a firehose; pensions, social security, Medicare, legal concerns, and a whole lot more. I have no idea how people of limited means or who are illiterate ever manage getting set up with all of this.

They had an estate attorney, a retired social security field officer, and a representative from the state retirement agency. The "emcee" as such was a retired police officer who had an economics degree and worked for a community college doing these events. He talked extensively about budgeting and how to plan your time, The social security lady gave us her personal cell phone # and said to call with questions anytime with the caveat that she plays pickleball every day from 8-10 then happy hour is at 5pm.

KSA; I think they went in the wrong way for the colonoscopy. Your finger looks like it hurt.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Tet; I have yet to bungee jump on purpose. I'm too much of a control freak. Maybe a wingsuit off a cliff, that might be fun. Of course I'd want to make mine look like Rocky the Flying Squirrel, complete with tail.

The American Wingsuit BASE Revolution Advancements In, 42% OFF

Rocky the Flying Squirrel | Cartoon caracters, Art parody, Vintage cartoon

getting a little closer to being done...

No photo description available.

SteveP

Good 4.3 miles Steve. How are those workouts feeling these days?

I've been having pain free moments throughout most days. I rarely move to the recliner during the night.

As long as it works, the placebo effect is still a win.

Have a wonderful weekend, Holly.

BTY - I hope you have a string of quiet evenings.

KSA - Ouch!!! ((((()))))

AnneB - I'd have fallen asleep while driving after my last colonoscopy.

Bioguy - I love your retirement squad.

Surly Bill - Taht set is so impressive.

Thursday, I slept until 3:00 AM.  1/2 the day is wasted.  I got 3.3 miles on the mill and the PT stuff.  I had CPR and 1st aid training.  There were an odd number of people. I got the short straw and wound-up solo on the practice stuff with hooking up the jumper cables and the chest compressions.  I hope I never use it.  DW and I got the mutt out for 1.3 miles.  We have another squirrel in the garage.  We've been planting trees for 20 years.  It's bound to attract wildlife. I set the live trap with trip wires as the little buggers are not heavy enough to set off the live trap we use.

SteveP