Masters Running

April 9 2024 Happy Birthday Henrun! (Read 39 times)

mrrun

He's a nonagenarian!

and we had a big party on Sunday with runner friends, family, and other friends

hope everyone celebrates with lots of walks, runs, swims, bike rides, etc, etc, etc

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey!  Happy Birthday Henry!!

Happy Birthday, Henry! Nice photo too.

At 99.1% the eclipse was pretty neat! The birds went quiet and the temperature really dropped.

We're coming for you, Tramps! They're touting tonight's game as the biggest ever since the Wings moved to their new arena. I might even watch some of it.

Looking forward to my first ride of the year with my group in a couple hours.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Happy Birthday Henry!!!!

I celebrated you this morning with a 3.2 mile run and a .8 mile walk before work. I ran from the Fenway Target, up Boylston and by the Boston Marathon finish line which was being set up. I was stopped by a reporter from WBZ and did a quick interview!! Great start to the day!!

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Birthday Henry!

Rest day for me.  Possibly some upper body weights tonight.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Jlynne

Have the best 90th birthday Henry! I hope your family spoils you rotten! Nice picture of the RA friends.

Have fun on your first ride of the season Roch!

Wow Deez - do you give autographs? 

6.2 run/walk miles this morning, and 20 minutes of stretching and core stuff.

Have a great day everyone!

bioguy

Henry- As the birthday cards I give my students in class read, "Congratulations on sustaining metabolic activity for another year."

I ran 3 miles yesterday; slowly, but not painfully.

No to get back in a shape other than that of a pear. This midsection is stubborn!

dnaff

Happy birthday Henry!

Dave59

Happy 90th Henry!

I was tired this morning so I skipped my planned run. Garmin is messing with my mind. A couple nights in a row I felt like I slept good but Garmin said otherwise, and then last night I was awake a lot and Garmin gave me a good sleep score.

I mentioned that because Garmin released some information on which countries had the best sleep scores. The top 3 scores were:

Netherlands - 72.59

Finland - 72.53

Hungary - 71.88

The USA was way down the list with a score of 69.3

I usually sleep pretty good. My latest 4 week average is 80 which is about normal for me.

moebo

Happy Birthday, Henrun!

Love the pictures.It looks like everyone had fun celebrating with you.

I am relieved to say I made it back from my Quebec field trip, but it wasn't easy. We had to drive through the path of totality, so we decided to time our lunch stop with the eclipse. That worked out great (it was indeed pretty cool, and added a nice memory for the kids), but I think the whole world was on the road in VT yesterday! Took about 15 hours total (for what is normally a 7.5 hour trip). Dealing with a puking kid added to the fun!

The Quebec visit went well. It was short, but 4 days was really more than enough for a school group to see all of the major attractions.  And while the city was as charming as ever, the weather was much less so. Luckily no rain, but chilly and very windy!

Today I am driving back up to NH for a few days. Not thrilled at the thought of 3 more hours in the car, but I'm sure I'll be glad Ito have done it once I've arrived.

Leslie, saw your post about the high hamstring tendinopathy. That's frustrating! I have a routine that has worked well for that--will share if you're interested.

5.3 slow miles for me today in gorgeous, sunny spring weather. Nice to have no wind.

Happy Birthday, Henry!  What a milestone!

Raining again- not hard and not cold- but I don't like running in the rain.  Finally forced myself downstairs for 4.5 treadmill miles.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

(((Leslie))) How frustrating!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Happy birthday Henry!! Great pics.  I broke out the trumpets and sax for you!  

Holly--that pic is a nice memento for you.

Leslie--so sorry to hear of the setback.

Surly--van envy. Sounds like a great time. We have friends who just retired, have bought a van (which I haven't seen yet), and intend to drive to Alaska next year. That's a lot of seat time.

Steve--I've said it before; you need your own dramedy series. I love reading your synopses. You've already got all the characters. Speaking of which....

it dawned on me, as much as I like what I do, if it was the world was ending, I would not have gone to work.

There's a very quirky limited animated series on Netflix called Carol and the End of the World with the exact opposite premise.

Doug--honestly, half of me just wants you to put us out of our misery. We've been playing s-o-o-o-o badly I'm beginning to suspect players have vacation plans they don't want to disrupt with any pesky playoff games. I'm no fair-weather fan, though; I'll be watching.

bioguy--love the greeting.

moebo--so Quebec City?  Neat. I haven't been there in years, though. I'm sure I've told this story here before but... we were once there and splurged on a fancy restaurant, ordered a variety plate of traditional Quebec cuisine, and realized half of the pricey meal was exactly like my mother's cooking!

I had to get some work done this morning so I didn't get out to run until late morning when it was already 76F. Ugh. I'm not ready for that and my 5-miler turned into a run/walk with plenty of sweating.

Be safe. Be kind.

Happy 90th Henry!

May be a doodle of text

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy birthday Henry.

What month for Boston, . . . and you, us too.

Happy 90th Henry!

May be a doodle of text

Surly - little do they know.

Roch/Tramps - good luck to you, . . .  one or the other.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)