Running and Sex

Group going private (Read 380 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Not sure what will happen when I make the group private - Does anyone know how it works?

Lazy idiot

You'll set up a password for the group, and make the forum private. You may want to put up an email on the group home page where people can contact you if they want to join, since you'll have to email them the password.

Tick tock

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The password is... Is that game show still around? Was that ever in the UK?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Purdey

Self anointed title

The password is... Is that game show still around? Was that ever in the UK?
          Erm... never in the UK. I'm sure it was a quality broadcast though.....

I don't mean make it password private. Just make it Public, but the forum is members only, at least I think this is what I did with the Southeastern PA group. I THINK that only members can view the forum, but anyone can click on the homepage and see who is in the group. See... Or am I confused? This way the only way someone can see the forum is to join the group, and we can see who joins the group.

Michelle

Lazy idiot

You are correct in how that works (though I can't see your picture), but this won't prevent your kids getting in here. All they'd have to do is join the group and voila!

Tick tock

You are correct in how that works (though I can't see your picture), but this won't prevent your kids getting in here. All they'd have to do is join the group and voila!
                I know it won't prevent it, but I'll check the list enough to see if they're here.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know it won't prevent it, but I'll check the list enough to see if they're here.
                  I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Mississippi household if that ever happened... Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

If any of you are my Mother - I just don't want to know. Shy Pudey - technically we could be related. Everyone is related in the West Country after all.
                  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                    Purdey

Self anointed title

Pudey - technically we could be related. Everyone is related in the West Country after all.
                      Shocked In that case we had better not get intimate!! Shocked

Purdey

Self anointed title

We are now "private". Big grin

We are now "private". Big grin
                          Thank you. Big grin There's one problem. Confused From what I can tell (I logged in using one of my kids' accounts and checked it out) nobody can read the part where you have your e-mail address, unless they are already a member. I think that your e-mail needs to be in the main blurb about the group, that way it gets displayed on the main page when someone is looking at the user groups.

Michelle

JakeKnight

This group is never going to actually discuss running. Is it?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                            -----------------------------

Purdey

Self anointed title

Thank you. Big grin There's one problem. Confused From what I can tell (I logged in using one of my kids' accounts and checked it out) nobody can read the part where you have your e-mail address, unless they are already a member. I think that your e-mail needs to be in the main blurb about the group, that way it gets displayed on the main page when someone is looking at the user groups.
                              Done

This group is never going to actually discuss running. Is it?
                                Would you like it to?

Michelle