Running and Sex

Afternoon Delight (Read 427 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...it's kind of fun when DS is in school and DH takes the day off from work... Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hmmm...it's kind of fun when DS is in school and DH takes the day off from work... Evil grin
      Shy What do you mean? WHY would that be fun???? Shy (no, I'm not jealous, not at all) *looking in schedule book for a day to ask Mistersippi to take off with me* Big grin

Michelle

OK, I read this these threads and I feel violoated... Just Kidding...I will say ya'll pray for the Benster...I am starting running again (more energy, losing weight, and heightened hormones) and wife is her last 4 weeks of pregnancy with our 3rd (feeling ackward, big, and cranky at times)...plus we have the 4 week layoff after the birth...we looking at 8 weeks min. Cry
        2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Aww...Ben, that sucks. I was a very lucky pregnant woman...I don't think my libido ever ebbed--at least not until DS's birth. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

OK, I read this these threads and I feel violoated... Just Kidding...I will say ya'll pray for the Benster...I am starting running again (more energy, losing weight, and heightened hormones) and wife is her last 4 weeks of pregnancy with our 3rd (feeling ackward, big, and cranky at times)...plus we have the 4 week layoff after the birth...we looking at 8 weeks min. Cry
            I feel your pain. Wife due on July 15th Wink
            Personal Records 5K - 21:35
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'll admit...I bought my first vibrator when I was preggers...DH was getting burned-out. Evil grin I was also one of those rare non-moody pregnant women. If they could bottle those hormones I'd gladly take them. I was happy, had tons of energy, slept great (when not pregnant I tend towards insomnia quite often, which really makes me a crabass) and wanted nookie ALL the time. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Yeah there is hope. I was shagging again about five days after my last baby. Hubby was like, 'I'm tired, do you not want a break?'
              • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
              • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's funny...I always read that lactation tends to kill libido for women, but that didn't have much effect on me, either. It was going back on the pill that really did damage (especially Yasmin--that crap is anti-androgenic, which essentially means that it supresses testosterone production). I've been off of hormonal stuff for a couple of years and things are only now getting better.

~ Sarah Kay

Purdey

Self anointed title

Lucky hubby!! Wink

The voice of mile 18

that happens oh so rarely. damn kids

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Purdey

Self anointed title

I'll admit...I bought my first vibrator when I was preggers...DH was getting burned-out. Evil grin I was also one of those rare non-moody pregnant women. If they could bottle those hormones I'd gladly take them. I was happy, had tons of energy, slept great (when not pregnant I tend towards insomnia quite often, which really makes me a crabass) and wanted nookie ALL the time. Big grin
                        First time around we had loads of sex during DW's pregnancy. This time.... no. Poor Purdey can't wait for things to get back on track! Cry

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

First time around we had loads of sex during DW's pregnancy. This time.... no. Poor Purdey can't wait for things to get back on track! Cry
                          Did you guys have a boy the first time around?

~ Sarah Kay

Purdey

Self anointed title

Did you guys have a boy the first time around?
                            Hi Kirsten, No we had a girl: Florence Elizabeth Janet - the cutest little thing you ever saw, the most gorgeous blonde hair and a very cheeky smile. Might be a boy this time though... I have a feeling. Due date is 13th. Crikey!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Interesting...there are some theories that being pregnant with a girl reduces libido and increases risk of morning sickness due to excess estrogen. The reverse is that pregnancy with a boy can make for minimal morning sickness and increased libido--I definitely found that to be the case. It will be interesting to see if the relative differences in symptoms that your wife is having will mean a boy baby this time around.

~ Sarah Kay

in our case we already have 2 boys...Wife never got sick with either but drive wasn't there. with this one...we are having a girl. She has gotten sick from the get go but the drive has been there until the last few weeks. Also, all the pregnancy books and all of our docs have said lay-off at least 4 weeks after the baby is born...
                                2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)