Rocky Mount Endurance Club

Man is it hot!! (Read 356 times)

runner dude

I've been training fairly hard lately, but very smart. Speed work, tempo runs etc. No aches, no pains, everything just clicking along. I took about 5 steps on the asphalt barefooted and blistered the bottom of both feet. No kidding. about quarter sized blisters on the ball and heel. Now just walking is difficult. I have no idea how long this will take to heal, but I guess I'll be smart and stay side-lined for a while. Be careful. It's hot out there! Michael, I'm thinking about running the USATF Masters Cross Country Championship in Greenboro the week after Medoc. That's why I haven't signed up. Need to see how training goes. May not run in Greensboro. I could put up a poster in my office in Tarboro if you'd like. Brian
      No kidding! Today's 92 degree run felt almost cool compared to the 104 and 102 of the previous two days! I've got to start running in the morning instead of at lunch...I just love sleep too much!!!! Sorry to hear about your feet - here's to a speedy recovery. We would love for you to put a poster up for us - I can get one to you, just let me know how. Feel free to email me at scott"dot"wingfield "at" rbc.com. Actually, if you can think of anywhere else in Tarboro who would be willing to put up a poster, that would be great as well. I can also get you a few brochures to pass out if you would like. Scott