Ultra Runners

August 2022 Ultra Training Thread (Read 24 times)

KreegSauceRuns

good luck to nOOky and badger!  I hope your adventure is amazing with great stories to bring home!

52 miles for me last week.  I was on call so my long run was at a local park that has a 0.67 mile crushed stone walking path.  It's similar to what part of the Creeper Trail is so good training for Yeti.  I did 29 laps for 19.1 miles.  Very boring but good for the mental training.  One more weekend of long runs as I am out of town on vacation with the family Labor Day weekend so unsure what I'll be able to get in then.  After that it's taper time.

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

Oh!  I saw that Comrades was today. Badger, hope you had a good day.

Santa Rosa Marathon for me today. Good long run. Not FAST fast, but faster than I was expecting at 4:31.

6/9/24 Cinderella Trail Run 50k, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Running Problem

Problem Child

I realized I could not track anyone over the weekend because I dont actually know people’s names (sorry Gatsby…I’m BAD with names, but not faces).  I hope everyone had good races.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Duke of the Internet

Oh!  I saw that Comrades was today. Badger, hope you had a good day.

Santa Rosa Marathon for me today. Good long run. Not FAST fast, but faster than I was expecting at 4:31.

Congrats on your race!  That's awesome.

Thanks for asking.  I just got home from Comrades.  What an unbelievable experience.  It took me over 30 hours of travel to get home last night but totally worth.   I don't know if I will go back again (just because of the travel part) but I'm so glad I did it.  The race is like Boston on steriods.  56 miles of packed streets with loud and screaming fans.  It looked like the tour de france I see on TV with the fans crowding the streets and narrowing the path to a funnel where the runners past through.

As for the race, I finished in 9 hours and 12 minutes (9:49 pace) for 56.38 miles per coros.  I had a chance at sub 9 hours but the wheels came off in the last 15K.  So I dialed it back when I realized sub 9 wasn't going to happen and enjoyed the run to the finish line.  The last 1/4 mile is run through a 65K person capacity soccer stadium and that is packed with people cheering.  What an experience.

Pain is my friend

Awesome job Badger. That's a great time. Maybe one day I will run Comrades. Maybe.

I got in 63 miles last week. Pushed one of my speed workouts too hard and paid for it for. For days. I am back on top this week.

Thanks for asking.  I just got home from Comrades.  What an unbelievable experience.  It took me over 30 hours of travel to get home last night but totally worth.   I don't know if I will go back again (just because of the travel part) but I'm so glad I did it.  The race is like Boston on steriods.  56 miles of packed streets with loud and screaming fans.  It looked like the tour de france I see on TV with the fans crowding the streets and narrowing the path to a funnel where the runners past through.

As for the race, I finished in 9 hours and 12 minutes (9:49 pace) for 56.38 miles per coros.  I had a chance at sub 9 hours but the wheels came off in the last 15K.  So I dialed it back when I realized sub 9 wasn't going to happen and enjoyed the run to the finish line.  The last 1/4 mile is run through a 65K person capacity soccer stadium and that is packed with people cheering.  What an experience.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

a smith

king of the non-sequitur

wow that's a great result, congrats! i think all those people would freak me out Smile

Bridle Trails 50k 1-13-24 5:39

Cottontail 6 Hour 4-13-24

Cougar Long Series (May,June,July,Aug 2024)

Carkeek 6 Hour 10-19-24