Ultra Runners

December 2022 Ultra Training Thread (Read 21 times)

dktrotter

Dorothea

Eek. Two injuries and the illness... 1500 is pretty high considered! Also great job getting that high cross training in, then.

Urgh... yeah, I don't miss the late sunrises or early sunsets either.

I need 30 miles to be at only 1500 for the year. Lowest year in recent memory, but I guess two injuries and the lyme's will do that. I do a lot of cross training though, so my exercise time is relatively high.

Speaking of training in the winter up north, it's tough. Here in Wisconsin we've had a bunch of snow and below zero already. There really is no trail running to speak of, unless you count slogging through snow with some sort of traction devices trail running. It's really hard to do hill training unless you do it on the roads or treadmill. Wearing 3 layers on top and a balaclava sucks. Just pushing through extremely cold air is harder, as is doing it mostly in the dark.

I cross train a lot by riding my fat bike, snowshoeing, and hiking with the dogs. I xc ski but traditionally, skate skiing is not my thing.

Qualifications: I like to run. In Florida. In the summer. At noon.  

Last race: May 27, Memorial Day 5K, 20:40.6. PR in not ideal conditions! A great way to start the summer.  

Duke of the Internet

I need 30 miles to be at only 1500 for the year. Lowest year in recent memory, but I guess two injuries and the lyme's will do that. I do a lot of cross training though, so my exercise time is relatively high.

Speaking of training in the winter up north, it's tough. Here in Wisconsin we've had a bunch of snow and below zero already. There really is no trail running to speak of, unless you count slogging through snow with some sort of traction devices trail running. It's really hard to do hill training unless you do it on the roads or treadmill. Wearing 3 layers on top and a balaclava sucks. Just pushing through extremely cold air is harder, as is doing it mostly in the dark.

I cross train a lot by riding my fat bike, snowshoeing, and hiking with the dogs. I xc ski but traditionally, skate skiing is not my thing.

67 miles for me last week.  24 miles this week has gotten me to 2,703 YTD.  Looks like 400 miles less than last year but more than I expected this year with all of the racing.

nOOky

Going to take a chance and sign up for Canyons 100 miler in April. 11 weeks after my 100k so I'm hoping to be feeling better and keeping the momentum moving. I see above that Gatsby mentioned it, wondering where the best places to stay would be for the race.

Istria 110k 4-6-2024

WS100 6-29-2024

UTMB 171k 8-30-2024

MCM 10-27-2024

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

If I've got my names right, it looks like Krash is having a good race at ATY.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

nOOky

Yea just a titch over 130 miles nice job Krash!

Istria 110k 4-6-2024

WS100 6-29-2024

UTMB 171k 8-30-2024

MCM 10-27-2024