Virtual Racers

wow - quiet - too much snow? (Read 585 times)

Go Pre!

Well, is nobody running any actual or training races these days?
      I've got a 16 miler on Sunday , which is currently forecast to be pretty damned cold. It's chip timed, and they are nice enough to provide a 13.1 split so I'll have an HM entry in a couple of days.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Go Pre!

sweet, welcome back to the world of racing! Did you sign up for Boston?
        jeffdonahue

Nope, not racing much this year. I am going to try for a bout of Low Heart Rate base building for the next 3-4 months and see if that might help my runnning - though right now it hurts like hell. My legs hurr more than the day I did 14x600s at teh track last year.Big grin

Hey, I did a 50 miler this month! That has to count for something...I know it isn't a 5k, but come on...

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

sweet, welcome back to the world of racing! Did you sign up for Boston?
              Yeah, I wasn't taking any chances. I had my acceptance confirmation email in early November and my name is listed on the site. Now I just have to stay healthy for a little under 13 more weeks. January does tend to be pretty quiet in these parts, but I did run the Frosty Four on New Year's Day. It certainly WAS frosty, but it was a nice race and I'll do it again. I actually had entries for every month except December last year. I did run a leg of the Mill Cities Relay but it was some odd distance, so nothing to enter here.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Go Pre!

Hey, I did a 50 miler this month! That has to count for something...I know it isn't a 5k, but come on...
                Heh, I meant, besides the 4 who entered thus far Wink

Certifiably Insane

I did a hard 3-miler on an indoor track in 18:58 a few weeks ago, if that counts. This track is 13 laps per mile, and usually inhabited by at least a few walkers at the same time. I haven't had the time to sit down and put in all my running stats yet here on the site, maybe I can do that this weekend. I'm new to RA, BTW, so I'm just getting to know everyone.
                  On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30

Go Pre!

It sure does!
                    jeffdonahue

I got nothing - no races done, none on the horizon until a 4 miler in March. And I must say that I just realized now (I'm a bit slow) that I missed racing in December, so my whole "race a month" thing that I worked so hard on last year is down the tubes.

Go Pre!

Doh - you went 11/12 then?
                          Me too. Black eye

E.J.

jeffdonahue

Yeah, had full intentions of doing something in December (even if it was just the local Wednesday night 5K) but holidays are just too tough and I was really kind of burnt out after the marathon.

Go Pre!

You said holidays....Ahhh, holidays. I miss them already. I was eating, and drinking and almost living. Now we're back into the heart of spring marathon training and 'trying' to behave.