Womens Running

Soggy weekend dailies (Read 11 times)

Raining here as expected. Going to be a long, cold, wet day at the Miwok 100k!  I’m heading out soon to the Bolinas Ridge aid station. 

QOTD: if it’s raining, would you rather be running, spectating/volunteering, or warm and cosy at home?

Maybe if the rain were warm, it would be okay. Today is not that day.

6/9/24 Cinderella Trail Run 50k, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

Soggy here too. New race experience this morning. Race was held in a county park. Whoever was responsible for unlocking the gate to the park this morning must have eoverslept. I pulled up at 7:30 to a line of cars not moving and it was later confirmed that the gate was indeed locked. Someone showed at 8am to open it. Luckily the race delayed the start until 8:15, but I basically got no warm up. 29 miknutes, which in a super small race was good enough for #2 OA female.

GatsbyBird, I can deal with rain while running, so wouldd definitely take that over spectating. It was raining this morning on and off. More at my house than 20 miles north where the race was.

Anonymous Guest

I"m going to go with warm and dry at home, followed by running in it, with spectating/volunteering coming in at a solid last place.

We had a nice break in the rain this morning for my 5k. 70 degrees, but overcast with a breeze, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. A nice reminder that it's probably time to stop doing these until fall, except I'm signed up for one in Waco at the end of the month. Oops. Anyway, race was hillier than expected, but I felt like I paced it okay. A little slowing towards the end, but that was me not pushing as hard as I could the last mile because I just didn't want to. 25:40, good enough for the AG win. 13th OA female. Not a bad race.

HCK, my anxiety would have been through the roof waiting like that! Congrats on the race, not losing your shit, and for placing 2nd OA!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job on the races!

I have  5 later.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

It rained overnight and isn't expected to rain again until this evening.

I actually ran today. 5 miles. What a struggle mentally and physically but I'm grateful I got it done

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I would choose running in the rain. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

AnonymousGuest, nice job on your race. Oh, I was freaking out in the car & was pissed. I got there at 7:30! I should have had plenty of time to warm up, but no. Not the race's fault, this is on the county. I bet they have irate soccer parents calling, they were also caught in this.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Congratulations HCK! Second OA is pretty darned awesome

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

Congratulations HCK! Second OA is pretty darned awesome

There were 10 total in the 5k. Typically a 29 minute 5k is not placing, but you can only race those who show up.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

HCK 2.0, GREAT WORK ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I ran 5k today. Omg. I lost so much endurance. It was brutally hard but glad I got out

Lori

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran 5k today. Omg. I lost so much endurance. It was brutally hard but glad I got out

I feel like my endurance is on the floor too!

I did Barre and walked. Active rest day today.

Damaris