Womens Running

Half-day Fridaily (Read 11 times)

We’re is getting 4 hours of admin leave today. We have never gotten admin leave before.  Probably because we have a lot of public facing components. Today’s leave is supposed to be for Public Service Recognition Week.  Someone must have told the Commissioner how unpopular his policies are and he’s trying to throw us a bone. Whatev. I’m glad to have the afternoon off.

Ran 4 yesterday, SRD today, trail marathon tomorrow. 

Karen, I hope Riley continues to recover well.

6/9/24 Cinderella Trail Run 50k, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.7 before work wirh 3 tempo.

GatsbyBird,  enjoy the half day.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm jealous, no one has recognized us or given us anything for it.

I have chiro and Pilates later. I ran 4 after Hershey didn't let me sleep much. Off Friday so tons of errands between chiro and Pilates.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Margaret, sweet on the half day. Anything fun with your time?

Kathi/Damaris, nice miles. 

I got 12 in before my tattoo appointment,which I’m at now. Ouch.  He’s highlighting which means he is going over already done areas.  

I THINK I might have gotten a spot with a tour company ($$$$) for the London Marathon.  We’ll see.  

Karen, hope Riley is well. 

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sweet, Kat! If so, do it!

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Checking in. No running, and none planned either until Riley is less dependent or DH gets back home next week. Riley's recovery is......hard. He's big and heavy so I can't really move him, and before he got his appetite back I didn't have much to coerce him with.  Plus his back legs have always been a little weak, and now after abdominal surgery and anesthesia, getting up from lying down is hard for him. Especially when he's on the tile floor and his paws start sliding. I've now got an area kinda blocked off and covered with rugs, but since he had a hard time the first few times, he gets really nervous about it and so he walks around and stands and pants for hours before finally getting so tired he lies down. He is getting better, it's just difficult. For both of us. I am only getting a couple hours sleep at a time, and you all know how much I love my 8 hours!

Kat, how exciting about London!!

Margaret, hooray for a bonus half day off.

Sorry to mainly bitch and run, but Riley is down, so I'm going to see about getting a little nap in maybe.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Karen, would one of those dog harness things with a handle on it be helpful?  A friend helped her husky mix get around that way when he was too weak to do much walking.

Kat, woot for London!

HCK, nice workout.

Damaris, if they really wanted to show us some appreciation, they'd end the RTO nonsense.

With my bonus half day off, I went to the grocery store, did a load of laundry, and did some yard work.  I really know how to have a good time.

6/9/24 Cinderella Trail Run 50k, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Agreed, Margaret! Not sure if you saw the next fucking attempt at limiting telework by ridiculous Manchin and boomer Romney?

Karen, hope you napped!

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Continued good thoughts for Riley and I hope you got some sleep Karen!

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**