ultimate runner's test...... (Read 4097 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Sport Jester, You have mentioned several times that your own world record is in rowing. Please could you tell me which world record it is? Thank you.
    The reason I ask is simple. It is rather like saying, "I have a world record in running." Is it for the 100m? Is it for a 6 day race? Is it for running up the Empire State Building? You see, this has a very real bearing on the credibility of your research. Thanks.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Guys. What if we chased down an ostrich until exhastion, and then PUT IT ON THE OUTSIDE of a turducken? Osterducken!!!!!!!!!
      We're gonna need a bigger oven!Shocked

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Also, neither a cheetah nor an ostrich could run a 10k without keeling over dead. Guys. What if we chased down an ostrich until exhastion, and then PUT IT ON THE OUTSIDE of a turducken? Osterducken!!!!!!!!!
        Osturducbaken......yummmmmm Can we fit a goose and an emu in there too? osturemgooducbaken

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

What about the difference in gait from a narrow-hipped male and a wide pelvis female?
          Don't be such a hippy.
          Weird. I too dropped some wood whilst toiling away on the treadmill. It also resulted in a lawsuit. Ponderous...
          You know, when I think of the wood that I produce, it rarely drops. That would hurt. Different kind of lawsuit too.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

To those who are reading this for the first time, the introduction to what's being argued with is on page 22 My world record was set in indoor rowing. I set a world record for 500m and 2K. At the time I was training for a spot on the US Olympic rowing team. Currently, my rowing technique is being utilized by Oregon State University's crew. Oh, and for the record their coach had no qualms about learning to row in mimicry of how snakes strike and recoil with their prey. I was also asked by the equipment manufacturer, Concept II, to present my rowing technique at the National Conference of Rowing Coaches because of my skill. And to the whole ostrich thing.... Why don't you ask KosherDave what it was like to learn how to run like an ostrich to win 6th place in the Empire State Building Climb? Considering he learned a two toe'd technique to climb and rotate effficiently on each landing, there were a lot of people who were slower than he was and they were all running as inefficiently as humanly possible. And the landing forces in rotation on the stairs are no different than downhill running, which is why I studied them. And I can only thank the rest of you who think that gibberish is an insult to me... Personally I take it as a compliment considering that no arguements of any math are brought forward. I'll gladly discuss any measurement you feel qualifies me to be a "troll" Thanks for keeping me at the top of the list...

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Scout7

Indoor rowing? That makes about as much sense as fighting for peace, screwing for virginity, or decaf coffee.

Half Fanatic #846

If you look at the research, every top coach’s advice will slow you down.
                No wonder you choose to remain anonymous!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

xor

Personally I take it as a compliment considering that no arguements of any math are brought forward.
                  That's because none of us can figure out what the hell you are going on about. Plus, why waste time on math and physics when it is clear that YOU DO NOT. It won't do any good. We all know you are shithouse crazy.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

We're gonna need a bigger oven!Shocked
                    Bigger mileage, bigger animals, bigger oven -- almost oughta be a slogan somewhere in here.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Osturducbaken......yummmmmm Can we fit a goose and an emu in there too? osturemgooducbaken
                      Food for a whole week!!!!

Roses Revenge

Why don't you ask KosherDave what it was like to learn how to run like an ostrich to win 6th place in the Empire State Building Climb? Considering he learned a two toe'd technique to climb and rotate effficiently on each landing, . .
                        Hey, KosherDave. What did you do with the other 8 toes?

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

9.9/10 on the troll category. I have to leave some room for future outstanding work but this is really top notch stuff.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Indoor rowing? That makes about as much sense as fighting for peace, screwing for virginity, or decaf coffee.
                            You forgot N/A beer! Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You forgot N/A beer! Wink
                              I thought that was just byoab - bring your own alcohol beer -- add as much as you deem appropriate...

xor

9.9/10 on the troll category. I have to leave some room for future outstanding work but this is really top notch stuff.
                                I disagree. This is more like 0.5/10. For me, a good trolling involves heated discussions where the troll-ees get very passionate not realizing (or caring) that they are being strung along. This is different... this thread isn't approaching 30 pages because jester is schooling anyone. It's 30 pages because several of us are goofing around and haven't gotten bored yet. The troll isn't really doing much here. Just restating the same impenetrable goop ad nauseam while including enough little soundbites to allow for new jokes. To improve the score in my scorebook, the troll would need to at least include enough English to actually hook someone into an actual discussion for more than a single post before the hooked person simply realizes and bails. Then again, 30 pages in a week is 30 pages.