ultimate runner's test...... (Read 4097 times)

xor

why do you insist on trying to get us to give a shit?
    Perhaps he's a shit collector and wants to expand his collection? Give til it hurts. Actually, no, don't do that. Straining to poop will cause trouble over time. Ask Trent.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Thank god we have a great pack of runners helping us push each together through the first 31 pages of this ultra. Especially I'm glad none of the ostriches kicked me.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Forward drift is easier to control on a track, because you have two lines of a lane to guide you. No such visual clues exist on a street race. With that your natural drift is amplified, along with dodging other runners. A typical marathon runner travels 31-36 miles in physical distance when you factor in drift, linear sway, and vertical oscillation (bounce).

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

PV=nRT I like running things 5k and longer, beer, and naked women. Though not at the same time.
          Say it ain't so........

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

xor

Say it ain't so........
            Is true. I'm straight as an ostrich.

A typical marathon runner travels 31-36 miles in physical distance when you factor in drift, linear sway, and vertical oscillation (bounce).
              It would be great it someone invented some kind of device where we could test this. I wonder if we could do it by launching an array of geosynchronous satellites which transmitted timestamps to the earth, and then build a wristwatch-like device to receive said timestamps and use triangulation to determine realtime location, then track the data over time and derive distance. Do you really think the track lanes control drift? Do people drift primarily in one direction or something?
              For message board success, follow these three easy steps in the correct order: 1) Read, 2) Comprehend, 3) Post.
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A typical marathon runner travels 31-36 miles in physical distance when you factor in drift, linear sway, and vertical oscillation (bounce).
                Reference please.
                AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It would be great it someone invented some kind of device where we could test this. I wonder if we could do it by launching an array of geosynchronous satellites which transmitted timestamps to the earth, and then built a wristwatch-based device to receive said timestamps and use triangulation to determine realtime location, then track the data over time and derive distance.
                  Nah, we don't have the technology for that. Heck, we can't even run as fast as ostriches yet.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Is true. I'm straight as an ostrich.
                    never doubted that, I just thought you were better at multi-tasking

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Sadly I confess, it was from an article in Runner's World

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

xor

Reference please.
                        Does it really matter? (this is my serious post to break up the gallowtroll joke chain)

xor

never doubted that, I just thought you were better at multi-tasking
                          I *did* write naked women (plural). (yikes. sorry about this one.)

I *did* write naked women (plural). (yikes. sorry about this one.)
                            Someone needs to produce a race along the lines of the Krispy Kreme Challenge, only with beer and women......

Jazz hands!

Someone needs to produce a race along the lines of the Krispy Kreme Challenge, only with beer and women......
                              Run two miles, eat a dozen women, run back Confused
                              run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                              Scout7

Run two miles, eat a dozen women, run back Confused
                                I would sign up for this race.