3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Feeling the growl again

Had to run from the back part of terminal B to terminal A to catch the last flight home. Typically it wouldn't matter but since this is now bloodsport. How do you log that?

Fucker, that doesn't count.  I've run an honest 137 miles in the past 7 days...I wake up 5 times a night thinking I have to piss because my pelvis burns from the volume....I double-timed it a few hundred yards between two meetings today, want me to log that?  Wink

My personal rule is I have to lace up and intend a real run in order to log it.  I can't imagine I would ever log anything under 2 miles.  I'd still feel cheap if it wasn't 4.  I know you're probably jerking my chain but if we're going to log mowing the fucking lawn this is going to be meaningless.  Still haven't logged a run slower than 7:1X pace so that's honest work, and anything over 7:05 has been at 5 in the friggin' morning.

Sorry for the rant, dude.  I ran out of beer so I've switched to hard liquor.  That's the only way I'm going to get myself out of bed in the morning to start combating the shitload of miles I'm assuming you're about to unleash on me this weekend.

Oh, and I was feeling really shitty today between runs.  Apparently food does not settle well with all this running, I should be dropping A LOT of weight through this debacle.  I swear my pants are looser already.  But I felt pretty good on my evening run...I would have added a few miles if the family had not needed attention.

I now view a 20-mile day as a "recovery day", WTF, that is messed up...

We're going to be cleaning some clocks at the races come 2012 my friend.  I know you're out this weekend but let me know about after that.  I'm on vacation as of the 20th, and my in-laws will be in town for 5 weeks to help with the family so I can meet for a run whenever.  Then run again later to make up for rabutler... Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

My personal rule is I have to lace up and intend a real run in order to log it.  I can't imagine I would ever log anything under 2 miles.  I'd still feel cheap if it wasn't 4.  I know you're probably jerking my chain but if we're going to log mowing the fucking lawn this is going to be meaningless.  Still haven't logged a run slower than 7:1X pace so that's honest work, and anything over 7:05 has been at 5 in the friggin' morning.

Elitist Prick.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Elitist Prick.

Well, if you got to log your trip to the fridge for a beer I'd be SOL.

Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Well, if you got to log your trip to the fridge for a beer I'd be SOL.

Heh.  You might have me there.  I chuckled when I wrote that EP comment.  I figured that you would take it in the spirit intended.

Anywho, I'm glad that I committed to something reasonable instead of something stupid.  You guys are nuts.  I'm ahead of schedule.  Hell, I might even log a 50 mile week this week which is something that hasn't happened since early 2010.  Tomorrow I will continue plugging away with a 2 hour run.  I want to front load this damn thing in case anything unforeseen comes up.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Heh.  You might have me there.  I chuckled when I wrote that EP comment.  I figured that you would take it in the spirit intended.

Anywho, I'm glad that I committed to something reasonable instead of something stupid.  You guys are nuts.  I'm ahead of schedule.  Hell, I might even log a 50 mile week this week which is something that hasn't happened since early 2010.  Tomorrow I will continue plugging away with a 2 hour run.  I want to front load this damn thing in case anything unforeseen comes up.

Hell, I committed to targeting 400 miles.  Then they started logging away and soon I'm running on pace for 500 miles plus to keep up.  No way in hell I would have opted into that, if known up front.

Frankly, I'm pumped to find I can run this and not completely fall apart the first week.  I should be tough as nails come January.

Yeah, I need to front-load too in case anything unforeseen....like, you know, the birth of a CHILD....gets in the way....  ;D

Off to bed.  More ass-kicking to do tomorrow.

C-R

Hah. That was awesome. I loved it. No way I log that shit but the response was classic. Folks we have reached a new level. As I sit here near 1am trying to finish a project, I am looking forward to hitting the streets tomorrow morning when I wake. Damn this has been the kick in the ass I needed.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Slo

God I love that statement...This whole thread / throw-down delivers. I don't know If I'm thankful that I didn't pop in here until after this little challenge or somewhat miffed that I missed out.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

This mileage shit is stupid and intriguing all at once.

But mostly stupid.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I think spaniel is trying to set a pace he thinks we can't keep up with in the the hopes that we will either give up or blow up. I'm not giving up. I can't promise I won't blow up ;-)

I was hoping all this stupid running would help me drop a few pounds too, but I've actually gained some weight. Since I've started upping mileage I've been constantly hungry and eating all the time.

Hey C-R, I've logged more miles than you so far this week. Get out there and run ya pansy ;-)

MTA: stupid ipad formatting

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

God I love that statement...This whole thread / throw-down delivers. I don't know If I'm thankful that I didn't pop in here until after this little challenge or somewhat miffed that I missed out.

It's never too late to be stupid. Throw a ridiculous number out there and go for it.

Feeling the growl again

I think spaniel is trying to set a pace he thinks we can't keep up with in the the hopes that we will either give up or blow up. I'm not giving up. I can't promise I won't blow up ;-)

I don't see anyone giving up unless they run out of runway to catch up in the last few days, or unless my wife goes into labor.  If that happens this stupid bet will be the least of my concerns.

As for blowing up, that would be poor strategy on my part, as I'm the most likely to blow up the higher this goes.

I have never run a 140 mile week and I always wanted to say I had.  A couple days ago I realized I was going to be close this week so why not go for it.  I'll play next week by ear.

Just remember that I am on vacation the last 11 days of the month...tripling won't be such a Herculean task when I don't have work and there are grandparents in town to watch the kids the whole time...It is much easier to get up for the first run at 6-7am instead of 5am.

Prince of Fatness

It's never too late to be stupid. Throw a ridiculous number out there and go for it.

Yeah Slo, I'm sure between all of us we can find a stupid stunt for you to do.

As for me, two hours in the books today.  There are exactly 3 weeks left and I have 129.5 miles to go, about 43 per week.  Sweet!

Not at it at all. 

Yup.  I pretty much love that statement too.  I also love how the stakes keep being raised...500+ mile month, and a potential baby.  That's just silly and awesome and great and so many things.  rabutler and C-R are certainly making this extra entertaining for us bystanders!

I'm still lagging, and losing, but hoping if I keep on with punting I might salvage something.  Even if it wouldn't count as running in Spaniel's elitist anti-slow anti-lawn mowing logging Wink  No runs that weren't meant to be runs have been logged, no walks, no lawns...but they're not fast or pretty...I'm hoping the mucus adds something to them though (and we'll ignore the lung ache and the apparent wheezing).  Plus you arsewipes made me run a double for the first fecking time ever.  There is something wrong about that (even if it was less than the requisite 4 miles that should count as a real run).

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Hell, I might even log a 50 mile week this week which is something that hasn't happened since early 2010.  Tomorrow I will continue plugging away with a 2 hour run.  I want to front load this damn thing in case anything unforeseen comes up.

Nice.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."