3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Feeling the growl again

spaniel aren't you worried you're going to injure yourself after not having run this type of mileage in a while?

Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything Wink

I've never been one to let fear of potential injury stop me.  It's actually helped my PF.  Yes, the pelvic issue is concerning and I'm monitoring it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I just don't want you to have a spring like last year. Otherwise, I think its awesome and I feel like a lazy ass since i'm taking a "down" month.

Keep on keepin' on. If you're able to avoid injry and keep training like that I bet a super fast marathon is in the very near future.

Candice, your up months and PRs this year definitely mean a down month is more than acceptable now it's December (so I think you should cancel the lazy ass feelings and enjoy the strength and repair that will come from much needed recovery).

I however feel lazy and weak-willed because my December goal isn't as out there as many on here (in fact it's measly, because I'm just trying to do 1 mile more than my biggest ever month), but, it's still more than I thought I was planning  and I figure it made me run when I was/am sick so that's enough stupidity for me (but I did miss runs when I felt really bad).  Stupidity is fun, but hopefully we're all drawing the line in it if/when we actually need to.   I was thinking about trying to slightly up mileage and play with occasional doubles, whilst not really caring about pace, so in many ways that's what December has become...if only Christmas wasn't in there it could work really well!  (disclaimer I know I sound like a complete punter when I write this all because I'm not yet a real runner and I run/bimble aimlessly).

I'm also hoping Spaniel's pelvis starts to improve, despite the mileage.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Prince of Fatness

I however feel lazy and weak-willed because my December goal isn't as out there as many on here.

Mine's not that far out there, either.  That's called being smart.  Let the idiots be stupid, I say.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Mine's not that far out there, either.  That's called being smart.  Let the idiots be stupid, I say.

Heh.  Mine started at 400 miles, which I felt was appropriately aggressive at the time.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

(disclaimer I know I sound like a complete punter when I write this all because I'm not yet a real runner and I run/bimble aimlessly).

It's looks like you're quite a bit faster than me. Maybe I need to look into this bimbling thing. Wink

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Heh.  Mine started at 400 miles, which I felt was appropriately aggressive at the time.

Actually it started at 375. Then we got stupid.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Ditto this!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

And this....

C-R

Started at 260 and now tracking 300. New threshold but fun to chase.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

If my uterus doesn't fall out I could potentially hit 200.

Good stuff all around.  Inspired me to run more than planned on a few days this month (as did cycling one day and losing the mileage!).

I'd like to +1 the positive thoughts for spaniel's pelvis, but then I'll need to quickly change the subject to football, huntin' and other manly things.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Oh, and I've found the perfect beer for winning:

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

If my uterus doesn't fall out I could potentially hit 200.

I'm thinking that since mine fell out a few years back I only have to worry about my dodgy left knee Roll eyes 

And as Hoppity said "Stupidity is fun".  

With in reason of course.  

steph  

Thanks MrPH and Rocken...I like the idea of claiming I'm being smart.

ra...see, you've raced lots this year, got some nice PRs and definitely qualify as a runner.  Me, zero races...bimbler extraordinaire and armchair runner, because if I don't race, it isn't real.    I think bimbling is almost more of a mindset not a pace.   Having said that I've been quite dedicated to bimbling and have been trying to be consistent and progress...but it's hard to test that when your head (and sometimes circumstance) doesn't let you progress to actually laying it on the line and racing.  I do think bimbling could be good though, it allows for low pressure in terms of goals and a continuous cycle of running and experimenting with running...but if it's all you do it doesn't really end up as a break from events and a chance to consolidate, it just becomes wimpish.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."